Juicer Brands / Models

markatger
markatger Member Posts: 314
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi!

OK, I'm doing it...I'm starting juicing ASAP. I'm shopping for a juicer. Two brands that are at the top of my list, based on reviews and posts here, are the :

Omega 8003

and the

Champion 2000

I believe both are masticating which sounds like it makes juice that is higher in fiber content and nutrition.

I'm kind of leaning towards The Omega 8003. Its specification says that it can juice wheat grass and operates at low rpm produces less heat which they claim can affect nutrition.

Opinions please! : )

Thanks,
Maria

Comments

• 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    Hey Maria!

i just sent you an email about this before I saw your post.

But here it is for anyone to read.

I personally have a Champion and love it. But I only have The JuiceMan Juicer as a personal comparable and I prefer the Champion--yes, it's masticating and it puts out waaaaay more juice than my JuiceMan did and when you are paying good prices for organic produce then this is very important.

If you go on Dr. Mercola's website I believe he recommends the Omega. I guess it's at a good price too.

One thing I would like to say is if you are going to really seriously do this then spend the extra $$ to get a really good juicer. Do not waste your money (I'm talking to anybody here) on a department store variety.

I know bud (nanuk) got a new juicer and the juice even tastes better with his new one.

I will be curious to read what juicers others like and prefer.

There's my .02! :-)

I feel a juicing revolution in the making here gang!!

SEMI-COLONS UNITE IN JUICING SOLIDARITY!!

Power to the People!!

oh those dang radicals are out pumping up their carrot juicers again. you can tell by their bright clear eyes and orange skin that they've been hittin' on the juice again!!

peace, emily whose orange skin gets mistaken for fake and bake tans in the winter! haha
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    I too have a Champion. I was not sure I would use it back then and just couldn't spend the extra $$$$ for the Omega. I love it and while the whole routine took a while, I did get it down to a 15 minute process (from cleaning the veggies to clean up of the juicer). Carrot Juice takes me less the 10.

Lisa P.
  • markatger
    markatger Member Posts: 314
    Thanks Emily and Scouty for your recs. Yes, I think I am going to spend at least $200 for a juicer. There was one for like $400 on discountjuicers!! But that is probably not smart for a beginner like me..

The Omega 8003 was listed as $229
    Champion 2000 for $199

That is great to hear that the the time for chopping and cleaning up can be minimal!

Sign me up for the revolution : )
    Thanks!
    Maria
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    markatger said:

Thanks Emily and Scouty for your recs. Yes, I think I am going to spend at least $200 for a juicer. There was one for like $400 on discountjuicers!! But that is probably not smart for a beginner like me..

The Omega 8003 was listed as $229
    Champion 2000 for $199

That is great to hear that the the time for chopping and cleaning up can be minimal!

Sign me up for the revolution : )
    Thanks!
    Maria

Maria,

YGG!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!! It can't hurt!!!

Lisa P.