Tumour markers for newbies

Options
kangatoo
kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi all...just thought some refresher stuff for many of our new friends would be worthwhile. The following link gives some info on blood tumour markers and although it does relate to other forms of cancers the tumour markers used for us "semi-colons" are included.
ie; CEA, CA 19-9, CA 125
http://cancerweb.ncl.ac.uk/cancernet/600518.html

cheers all, kanga n Jen

Comments

• kangatoo
    Options
  • tkd3g
    tkd3g Member Posts: 767
    Options
    Thanks Kanga Man.

I just had my bloods taken yesterday, again.

Had them take on Wed. Then I get a call that things were "screwy" and I should come back in for a "redo". Trying not to think bad things, I waited till the next morning.

Everything looks good. Waiting on the CEA, due back Monday.

Barb ( who hates waiting for results)
  • kangatoo
    Options
    tkd3g said:

Thanks Kanga Man.

I just had my bloods taken yesterday, again.

Had them take on Wed. Then I get a call that things were "screwy" and I should come back in for a "redo". Trying not to think bad things, I waited till the next morning.

Everything looks good. Waiting on the CEA, due back Monday.

Barb ( who hates waiting for results)

Watin', waitin'......grrrrrrr....I will join that line on tuesday Barb.....blood tests and scans. Yu wanna hold my hand????
  • tkd3g
    tkd3g Member Posts: 767
    Options
    kangatoo said:

Watin', waitin'......grrrrrrr....I will join that line on tuesday Barb.....blood tests and scans. Yu wanna hold my hand????

You got it Kanga. Cross the world, I will hold your hand.

You'll be fine. Just like I will.

BTW, I can't make it to the Colon Palooza II. Pretty bummed out about it, too. Sounds like it's gonna be a blast.

I will raise a glass for you and Jen and all the partying semi-colons that week.

Barb