New to CSN

briteyes14
briteyes14 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Bladder Cancer #1
Hi all, I am a 35 yr old cancer survivor. I was diagnoised with Adenocarcinoma of the bladder in October of 2003 and had a total cystectomy in Febuary of 2004. I am STILL recovering.I have muscular dystrophy (able to walk) to begin with, but after I had surgery, I had a violent allergic reaction (to what we still don't know) and woke up in the ICU unable to move. Since then I have worked my way up to walking (around the house) on crutches. Before my diagnoises, I was living in Alabama going to school, as a pre-med tech student and having a happy life; now I am back home with my parents in Virginia and wondering if I will ever get back to where I was. I was surfing the web, when I came across this site, I wish I had come across it sooner some of the other threads really touched me. After reading them I realized that things will get better it is just going to take time. However, I do still have bad days........pain, dealing with the weight I gained, frustration, and just all around being angry and probably to some extent afraid of what life is going to be like in the future. If anyone has any advice for me on any of these things, please let me know. I would love to hear other's stories, opinions, and advice.

Comments

• eyes2
    eyes2 Member Posts: 13
    Hi briteeyes 14
    I too am a cancer survivor and had my bladder removed in Feb. 2004.. I have a neo bladder I am 52 years old female, never smoked and was angry too and could not understand why. I had 4 surgeries in 2004 and was so o depressed but I got mad and decided I wasn't going to let this get to me. I was diagnosed within 3 mnths of bladder cancer and endometrial cancer. I'm doing pretty good right now but I will say that I take one day at a time, my energy is coming back but some days are harder and I get tired. I have to go for a colonoscopy next week and I'm holding my breath hoping they find nothing. I will always worry about each CT scan and each doctors visit I guess that is only normal but I try to put it all behind. Welcome to CSN I too am realativly new here.
  • briteyes14
    briteyes14 Member Posts: 2
    eyes2 said:

Hi briteeyes 14
    I too am a cancer survivor and had my bladder removed in Feb. 2004.. I have a neo bladder I am 52 years old female, never smoked and was angry too and could not understand why. I had 4 surgeries in 2004 and was so o depressed but I got mad and decided I wasn't going to let this get to me. I was diagnosed within 3 mnths of bladder cancer and endometrial cancer. I'm doing pretty good right now but I will say that I take one day at a time, my energy is coming back but some days are harder and I get tired. I have to go for a colonoscopy next week and I'm holding my breath hoping they find nothing. I will always worry about each CT scan and each doctors visit I guess that is only normal but I try to put it all behind. Welcome to CSN I too am realativly new here.

I have my first PET scan since chemo coming up in the next few weeks, so I know exactly how you feel. I find myself holding my breath everytime the caller i.d. shows my Dr's. phone number. I guess it will just take time.....at least that is what people are telling me. Good luck with your CT scan and I will keep my fingers crossed for you.