hOPELESS SITUATION

Options
jlk24
jlk24 Member Posts: 6
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Brother sent home with not much time....we are still hopeful and he is strong...need ANY INFO ON EXPERIMENTAL/ ALTERNATIVE treatments....have heard of 714X from canada and trying it....WHAT ELSE IS THERE?

Comments

• jana11
    jana11 Member Posts: 705
    Options
    I just wanted to tell you that you, your brother and your entire family will remain with me - in my thoughts and prayers.
    Your brother is lucky to have you by his side.
    jana
  • HowardJ
    HowardJ Member Posts: 474
    Options
    Two good sources for clinical trials:
    clinicaltrials.gov
    centerwatch.com
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    jlk -

You are a wonderful sibling for standing by your brother at this difficult time. I urge you to encourage him to keep fighting the dragon. Do not adopt the hopeless feelings that so often accompany this disease. Your feelings are a very normal reaction to an incredibly "abnormal" situation, but it is important to try and remain calm and hopeful and positive. Take of your brother but also don't forget to take care of yourself, too.

Check the newsletter for some more links. Also contact the ACS main website for links to various studies. Failing that, contact the ACS hotline for more info. And hey, don't forget about alternative methods. Lots of good info here on some of those.

Keeping you and your brother in my prayers

- SpongeBob
  • rejoyous
    rejoyous Member Posts: 259
    Options
    I wish both of you continued hope, strength and courage. Please keep us posted.
  • Shandle
    Shandle Member Posts: 204
    Options
    I believe in miracles! Spong Bob had a nice posting! You are a wonderful sibling! Emily... where are you? I would try to get in touch with a Naturopathic Dr. and give Alt. medicine a chance. Get a juicer and pump him with enzymes and nutrients. Read!! There are great books out there about so called hopeless cases, and the person pulled through, and became disease free! Don't give up on your brother! If he has a strong "I can do it" attitude, then he can pull through too! Nutrition and supplements is a good start! Be ruthless!... and don't tell God how big his cancer is... rather tell the cancer how big God is!!! I'll keep you in my prayers and if you'd like to email me at this site, please do, and I can offer some suggestions on books etc..
    Prayersnhuggs.. Wanda ... aka Xena cancer warrior!!