update on Daughter's tumor

BonnieR
BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Here is the latest on Michelle. Her visit at the Mayo was good. She actually sounded like she wasn't so stressed out. She met with the Doctors on Thursday. Here is what she found out, the tumor is right behind her left temple and is 1.5cm and slow growing, appears non cancerous, her black out spells are from low blood pressure, (or at least that is what they are thinking). The Drs. told her she could have the rest of the tests done in St Cloud and to come back in August, and as long as blood pressure is good she will have surgery then. She needs to get her blood pressure problem under control; she'll be wearing a monitor for 48hrs, needs a ctscan of her chest area and some other tests. They have her on anti seizure drugs also. Thank you for all your prayers and concerns.

Now my update. My tumor markers are down again and actually almost in the normal range. I feel a chemo break coming soon. :-) Next week I am supposed to get a bone density check to see if I need to be on more than calcium as I am shrinking. Yes I know I am getting older but shouldn't have lost 1 1/2 inches of my height already. :-) Today is a down day as I had chemo Thursday and I think all the steroids make me hit bottom after a couple days. I also think the bulging disc in my back is starting to herniate again as the pain is almost unbearable. Oh I somedays hate the body I have been left with after all this chemo, but am very grateful to be alive. So sorry I climbed on the pity pot. This was suppose to be a very up post and then my blues got in the way.

Well that's about it. Happy Mothers Day to all the moms out there. Take care and God Bless!

James 3:17-18 The wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.

Wisdom is not what you know but what you sow.

Prayers and Hugs Bonnie

Comments

• mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    You must be so relieved about your daughter's news. I'm so happy for you. I'm also glad that your blood levels have come down. But I know you are still going through a lot and for that I am sorry. Continue to draw on the Strength that you know is in you!

I hope that today you and your daughter can enjoy 'the moment'. Mother's Day is special, ESPECIALLY for the two of you today. As always, my prayers are with you. You are an inspiration to me, to many. God Bless you!

Monika
  • groundeffect
    groundeffect Member Posts: 639 Member
    Hi Bonnie, I'm very glad to hear that you're doing so well, and that your daughter has had good news, also. A friend of mine went to the Mayo a few years back to have a vascular tumor removed, after the local docs weren't really confident that they could handle it. I'm sure she's getting the best of the best advice there!

My best to both of you!
  • Sylvia2346
    Sylvia2346 Member Posts: 3
    Keep up the good fight. By the way, as my 82 year old aunt (who is my caregiver) tells me: " You can have your pity parties if you want to... " Pain and suffering are terrible burdens to bear, and frankly, I have crying jags often. I guess God has provided us with ways to release our frustrations .... That is why I am glad I have joined this discussion board... I need an outlet to vent... I pray that you and your daughter will be given the gifts of relief and healing.