hello to all

Options
lawleete
lawleete Member Posts: 25
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
hello to everyone on the board.i haven't posted in awhile,but i have been concentrating on my chemo treatments.i found out in february that my cancer had shrunk in the lymph nodes in my lower back area and my cea had dropped from 98 to 35,although it's back up to 47.my oncologist also started me on avastin 2 weeks ago so i'm now taking that in addition to erbitux amd cpt 11.we are hoping that with the 3 combined drugs,that they are going to knock the cancer down.i've been on some form of chemo since august and i'm looking for a little break.i want to let everyone know that i continue to pray for us all every day and i hope that things are going o.k. for everyone.god bless all cancer patients and their caregivers!

Comments

• kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Hiya and welcome back. Jen and I both hope and pray for your sake that the tumours continue to shrink. I know that struggling thru chemo and everyday matters is a tall ask for us all. Here's hoping that you get that well deserved rest as soon as possible. Luv n huggs, kanga n Jen
  • JKendall
    JKendall Member Posts: 186
    Options
    Hi Lawleete. Sounds like you're keeping up pretty well; a little bump in the program every once in awhile has to be expected, so don't let it get the better of you. That CEA number probably varies for everyone during treatment, from what others have posted here in the past. Keep in touch and let us know how you're doing more often. It helps to come here and unload. Take care.
    Jimmy
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Hi Lawleete,

Shrinking lymph nodes means that your chemo is working. I hope that you are tolerating it with little or no side effects. It's good to hear from you and continue to come here for support.

Kay
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome back. It is good to hear from you, and to hear that you have been concentrating on doing what you need to for yourself. The avastin was what did the trick for a friend of mine (she was involved in one of the early trials) who is a survivor of lung cancer with brain mets! She is now 2 years out and no evidence of disease. Wishing you the same success. Judy
  • rejoyous
    rejoyous Member Posts: 259
    Options
    Thanks for posting with your hopeful news. Good luck with the next round, and I sure hope you get that break.
  • kapaul
    kapaul Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Lawlette... how many treatments have you taken?
    How many do you like?My prayers and wishes are with you. Take care ...Kapaul