fever update

Options
vanser
vanser Member Posts: 100 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hello -
I posted yesterday regarding my moms fever. (She was originally diagnosd January 2003 with Stage 3). Julie - I am not at work today, so I did not get your emails - sory !

She still has a minor fever - it was from 100.5 to 99.8 (but this morning it spiked up to 100.9 for a bit).

We are just watching it for now, but I am getting very worried...

Vanessa

Comments

• littlejulie
    littlejulie Member Posts: 311
    Options
    ((((VANESSA))))

Did she call her doctor? I get fevers often but because of her 'diagnosis' we always worry about every feeling. I'm sure its nothing but I know your concerned so put it to rest - call her doctor. I'm the same way. My mothers face gets flushed - I worry. My mother legs hurt - I worry. My mother coughs - I worry. Keep me posted. She will get fevers in her lifetime for no reason other than a virus - Remember that!!!
  • grandma047
    grandma047 Member Posts: 381
    Options
    Hi VAnessa, My doctor told me to call when my fever gets up to 100.4, because it could mean an infection and that's nothing to play around with. I'd get in touch with her doctor. Let me know how she's doing.
    Love and prayers, Judy(grandma047)
  • rejoyous
    rejoyous Member Posts: 259
    Options
    Yes. She needs to be very vigilant, taking her temperature many times a day. If the fever starts to build you need to get her seen IMMEDIATELY.
  • littlejulie
    littlejulie Member Posts: 311
    Options
    rejoyous said:

Yes. She needs to be very vigilant, taking her temperature many times a day. If the fever starts to build you need to get her seen IMMEDIATELY.

how's your mom doing?