neulasta

Options
susannaschneid
susannaschneid Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
i have a question for you ladies who have had surgery and chemo. i had a TRAM flap reconstruction which was recovering well until my 3rd chemo; then i experienced EXTREME pain in the surgery site (scar tissue?) in my abdomen which would not stop until i stopped taking the neulasta shots. it has now been a month since i finished chemo and 2 months since the last neulasta and i am still pretty much handicapped. my abdomen is like a rock and i can hardly walk. my oncologist is great but has never seen this before. can anybody help? suggestions for MSK oncologist? any doctor who has seen this before? thanks a lot. sue

Comments

• SusanAnne
    SusanAnne Member Posts: 245
    Options
    Sue,

What does your plastic surgeon say?

Sue
  • kmarker
    kmarker Member Posts: 3
    Options
    I have had similar pain. I had lats flap reconstruction 6 weeks ago was feeling great from surgery until I had neulasta shot then all the surgery pain came back. The nurse said it was normal and would subside has only been 3 days but I still have the bad pain.
  • susannaschneid
    susannaschneid Member Posts: 3
    Options
    kmarker said:

I have had similar pain. I had lats flap reconstruction 6 weeks ago was feeling great from surgery until I had neulasta shot then all the surgery pain came back. The nurse said it was normal and would subside has only been 3 days but I still have the bad pain.

how are you doing? im better but not great. i was hoping someone else would reply too, that's a little ahead of us in the process, tho i appreciate your response. is lats done from the back? i would be interested to hear why this was chosen for you because i have had a lot of difficulty with the tram. thanks.