chest pains

ruthie1
ruthie1 Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
i'm in my 2nd round of chemo and seem to have chest pains does anyone else have this problem? my dr seems unalarmed? is it normal if the chemo i'm taking is the most agressive?

Comments

• krisrey
    krisrey Member Posts: 194
    Hi Ruthie,

I remember at about my second or third A/C that I began to have some chest discomfort. It mostly came as a pressure and heart pounding, especially if I bent over. At this time I was still trying to keep up my running but soon had to stop because my lungs couldn't handle it. I did let the chemo nurse know and she immediately told the doctor, which scared me because he seemed very concerned. I was told that I needed to take it easy, that I was doing to much and they monitored me very carefully. Anyway it did go away and I am very happy to report that I just now hit my two year dx date! I started my running right back up after the 8 treatments and I am feeling great now!
    Good luck, I hope you get to the bottom of the chest pains.
    Kristen
    Kristen
  • ruthie1
    ruthie1 Member Posts: 3
    krisrey said:

Hi Ruthie,

I remember at about my second or third A/C that I began to have some chest discomfort. It mostly came as a pressure and heart pounding, especially if I bent over. At this time I was still trying to keep up my running but soon had to stop because my lungs couldn't handle it. I did let the chemo nurse know and she immediately told the doctor, which scared me because he seemed very concerned. I was told that I needed to take it easy, that I was doing to much and they monitored me very carefully. Anyway it did go away and I am very happy to report that I just now hit my two year dx date! I started my running right back up after the 8 treatments and I am feeling great now!
    Good luck, I hope you get to the bottom of the chest pains.
    Kristen
    Kristen

thank you for the encouragement, i have a port implant but it is not red or anything, i go tomorrow for a final 8 day injection and then 2 wks off, i think i will tell him to run a test on my heart because it really hurts to even breathe deeply. thanks again
  • JPotter
    JPotter Member Posts: 1
    Ruthie...I had chest pains and bad palpatations. I don't know if it was from the A/C or from the steriods or from the Nuelasta. I went into the doc a week after my first treatment because of the pain/palps. They ran an echocardiogram (came back fine) and gave me a monitor to wear for a month. I must confess, I did not wear it for the whole month. Too much of a hassle. I have the A/C every two weeks and the pains/palps seem to subside by the end of the first week. Like I said, I don't know (and neither do the docs) what triggers it for me, but I just try and rest when it happens. Good Luck!