Jaw pain

Options
chessie
chessie Member Posts: 40
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I'm just here to vent. It always feels better after discussing things with my bc experts online!I finished treatment 8/04 (stage IIImast/recon/chemo/rad); have had on-going issues with nerve pain under my arm which has been controlled pretty much with various drugs. A few weeks ago I hurt my back and went to my pcp and she ordered an MRI since she suspected a herniated disk. (just had it done last week. didn't get report yet) Anyway, back feels better but now started a week ago with a troublesome pain in my lower jaw which just throbs. I went to dentist, and they ruled out abcess with x-ray. They said it's just TMJ. They said the muscle at the back of my throat is tight. I wonder if this could be a delayed side effect of radiation since they did my neck/node area? I am SO tired of having to deal with pain. Of course, whenever something new starts, you get that all too familier nervous feeling which you try to shove away, but when you have persistent pain, it's hard to ignore.

Comments

• Roxi1
    Roxi1 Member Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi Chessie
    I agree with you that chronic pain is very hard to tolerate. I know you are suffering.
    I think you may be right. Radiation could do this to the back of your throat. It constricts all muscles, tendons, etc. So, if you had radiation in that vicinity, it very well may be due to Radiation. A good resource for you would be your Radiologist. They are suppose to follow-up on a regular basis with all of their patients. I would give her a call.
    I hope your pain is soon lessened.
    Roxanne