TRIALS!!

Options
RunnerZ
RunnerZ Member Posts: 185
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I used my subject line to get your attention! Just wanted you all to know that I won my 6 week double murder for hire trial recently. Guilty on all counts and the defendant is now facing the likelihood of life in prison without parole. I did that 6 week trial more than 6 years after being diagnosed with stage 3 rectal cancer. I am considered cured at this time and at 42 years old, feel so so fortunate. There is life after colorectal cancer...we just have to fight like hell to get there, and the journey is literally a painful one at times. Half way through the trial I said to myself that I had already won, just by doing what I was doing in the courtroom after surviving cancer. To the newly diagnosed....there are many of us out here living wonderful lives. Keep up the fight and remember what Babe Ruth said, "It is hard to beat a person who never gives up."

Comments

• kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    RunnerZ,

Congratulations on all fronts!! A very inspiring post and it shows that we can beat this disease and while we fight it we won't let it get us down.

I'm so glad to hear you conquered ALL THE BAD GUYS!

Kerry
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Hi Runnerz'
    At 7 yrs 4 mos ex st 3 colon,I can appreciate the enormity of the committment you have made to life and the normal living of it. It is not easy to survive survival and I have nothing but admiration for you. Just remember to spend a little bit of time on the beach in the sun you have earned it ,stay well my friend ,kind regards Ron.
  • neeliec
    neeliec Member Posts: 106
    Options
    Wow! What a testimony! I am sooo happy for you and encouraged for myself. I was just diagnosed with stage 3C-- 21 lymph nodes with cancer!!! You have given me hope. Thanks!!! God bless you. Win a lot more trials!!! Neelie
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Well said Counselor. I want you on my side if I ever go on trial. You are a fine man for sharing your history, feelings and thoughts with us "newbies". It gives us all hope, but also you teach us what it means to be a real survivor.

Thank you so much!!!!!!

Lisa P.
  • jana11
    jana11 Member Posts: 705
    Options
    You are a champion! Thanks for sharing the "high of life" jana
  • MUGGINS
    MUGGINS Member Posts: 35
    Options
    SORRY I'M LATE TO THE PARTY BUT I WANTED TO SAY CONGRATS AND THANKS FOR SHARING YOU STORY, YOU ARE INDEED AN INSPIRATION.