METS TO THE PELVIC BONE??

FRANTIC
FRANTIC Member Posts: 106
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I am going for my petscan today. I am very nervous. My MRI showed either has been consistent with an insufficiency fracture of the right sacral ala. Now on the left side they think it is another fracture. Apparently I was told if you have had radiation to the pelvis and osteoporosis
there is a good chance that this can occur. Because of the history of colon cancer they are not ruling out mets to the bone. The tumor that was removed in Aug.2003 was across the abdomen and pelvis. MY question is I always thought colon cancer with lypmph node involvement tends to go to the liver and lungs. Did any one hear of a mucinous adenocarcinoma go to the pelvic bone?? Sorry if I repeated myself in previous messages. I am very nervous at this time.

Comments

• Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    I don't know the answer to your question, but you will be in my thoughts and prayers today.

Maureen
  • jana11
    jana11 Member Posts: 705
    I know that colorectal cancer is unlikely to go to bone, but nothing is impossible. Just know the odds are in your favor. Try to relax. (not so easy).

I am 34 yrs old, had radiation, etc... and just found out I am osteopenic. Let's all pray for just soft bones. :)
    I will be thinking of you. jana
  • taunya
    taunya Member Posts: 390 Member
    I don't know the answer to your question either. I am sorry! I will keep you in my prayers. I doubt that this is a mets thing! Hang in there.
    Love and Hugs,
    Taunya
  • steved
    steved Member Posts: 834 Member
    The truth with this bugger of an illness is that naything is possible but we have to keep iin mind what is likely and common and what is unlikley and uncommon. You have had chemo and radiotherapy to the area and a common side effect of this is weakening of the bone making fractures more common. Therefore that is the more likely cause. You are being active though in making certain of this and I hope the PET reassures you furhter. Try to keep your mind under control as mmuch as possible ove rthe next few days while waiting ofr results- tyr to balance negative thoughts with positive ones and keep the irrational ones (we all have them!)as under control as poss.
    Let us know how thing pan out,
    steve