Sponge Bubba?

nanuk
nanuk Member Posts: 1,358 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
After all the negative press on Sponge Bob, Sponge is questioning the wisdom of his handle..anybody have suggestions? Nanuk

Comments

• 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    STOP THE PRESSES!!!!

Huh? what negative press on Sponge Bob? Have I missed something???

But I kinda like the Sponge Bubba moniker if only for the reason that he is, at the moment, in the Southern Realm.

But no Sponge Bob??? What gives guys?

peace, emily who will forever remain 2bhealed
  • aspaysia
    aspaysia Member Posts: 250
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    I hate change. Don't even think about it. There would be no discussion board without SpongeBob. He is the engine that drives this train.
    SB spells funfunfunny. I won't tolerate any tinkering with success. And Bob is secure enuf to laugh at any aspersions cast on his alpha-maleness. Is't he?
    Aspaysia, who had a handle on life until it broke.
  • pjenks57
    pjenks57 Member Posts: 112
    FORGET ABOUT IT.... IT CANNOT happen to change Sponge Bob.. NO WAY. This may as well be shut down. I enjoy reading what wisdom and humor SB spreads around. This place is sliding downhill and I for one don't want to see him leave or to see Grandma go either. I miss those who come here on a regular basis. They make my life more bareable (sp?)
  • nanuk
    nanuk Member Posts: 1,358 Member
    Geeeez, sorry people..it was just an attempt at humor..you know,kinda like naming a new baby? I didn't mean to imply that the grand Sponge was going anywhere.. Nanuk
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    nanuk said:

Geeeez, sorry people..it was just an attempt at humor..you know,kinda like naming a new baby? I didn't mean to imply that the grand Sponge was going anywhere.. Nanuk

truth--I go away for 2 weeks then you guys tell me someones leaving?
    Zat true?
    I need 2 weeks to talk to you lot to hear about all the gossip!
    At the moment I am at our state library killing some time---but when I get home to my own puta am going to lookfor some answers!
    You all stay safe now,luv n huggs, kanga n Jen
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo said:

truth--I go away for 2 weeks then you guys tell me someones leaving?
    Zat true?
    I need 2 weeks to talk to you lot to hear about all the gossip!
    At the moment I am at our state library killing some time---but when I get home to my own puta am going to lookfor some answers!
    You all stay safe now,luv n huggs, kanga n Jen

Hiya Bud-ok---maybe it is not true-I just hope that when I get home the news will all be good.
    To everyone here-------luv to yas all, kanga
  • aspaysia
    aspaysia Member Posts: 250
    pjenks57 said:

FORGET ABOUT IT.... IT CANNOT happen to change Sponge Bob.. NO WAY. This may as well be shut down. I enjoy reading what wisdom and humor SB spreads around. This place is sliding downhill and I for one don't want to see him leave or to see Grandma go either. I miss those who come here on a regular basis. They make my life more bareable (sp?)

"Sliding downhill?" On our tender butts? That would be unbareable.
    Aspaysia, who leaned to type standing up.
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    My dear friends...

It was with great trepidation that I opened Bud's e-mail, fearing a host of ghastly recommendations for my moniker.

Let me just say this about the fine and honorable SpongeBob name:

I took the name long before the revelations about said cartoon character's "alternative lifestyle" brought to light by some of our more learned political leaders (thank GOD they're here and my tax dollars pay their salary. Where would our country be without them in Washington protecting us from the terrors and evil influence of such vile creatures. If only they would study national healthcare measures as closely as they do Saturday morning cartoons - hmmm... sounds like the Peter Principle has come to DC). I took the moniker to honor a cartoon character whom I admire. I admire him because he is loyal to his friends, always upbeat (dare I say "gay"), and is unafraid to show his softer side. I, like SpongeBob, have also been known to hold my friends' hands (albeit my friends are not androgynous purple starfish). For these reasons (and the fact that I would have to get rid of all the Sponge Bob paraphenelia people have given me - I LOVE my calendar, Lisa Rose & AndyMan), I have elected to endure the Sponge Bashings I receive, the name calling, and the general lack of respct from people who just don't understand.

May I also point out the relatively harmless acts of giggling and holding my friends' hands when compared to a certain cartoon bear who walk about without any sort of pants, and consorts with an obviously prepubescent piglett and various farm animals. Hmmm... Congressman, is SpongeBob REALLY that bad? I suggest you take a look in the 100 Acre Wood.

Thank you all for your support during these trying times. Patrick and I just want to say that we love you all - in a purely platonic manner - and appreciate your kind words.

So, for now and through eternity (or at least until Jose kicks me off of here) I am...

SPONGEBOB!
  • slammer
    slammer Member Posts: 120
    spongebob said:

My dear friends...

It was with great trepidation that I opened Bud's e-mail, fearing a host of ghastly recommendations for my moniker.

I took the name long before the revelations about said cartoon character's "alternative lifestyle" brought to light by some of our more learned political leaders (thank GOD they're here and my tax dollars pay their salary. Where would our country be without them in Washington protecting us from the terrors and evil influence of such vile creatures. If only they would study national healthcare measures as closely as they do Saturday morning cartoons - hmmm... sounds like the Peter Principle has come to DC). I took the moniker to honor a cartoon character whom I admire. I admire him because he is loyal to his friends, always upbeat (dare I say "gay"), and is unafraid to show his softer side. I, like SpongeBob, have also been known to hold my friends' hands (albeit my friends are not androgynous purple starfish). For these reasons (and the fact that I would have to get rid of all the Sponge Bob paraphenelia people have given me - I LOVE my calendar, Lisa Rose & AndyMan), I have elected to endure the Sponge Bashings I receive, the name calling, and the general lack of respct from people who just don't understand.

May I also point out the relatively harmless acts of giggling and holding my friends' hands when compared to a certain cartoon bear who walk about without any sort of pants, and consorts with an obviously prepubescent piglett and various farm animals. Hmmm... Congressman, is SpongeBob REALLY that bad? I suggest you take a look in the 100 Acre Wood.

Thank you all for your support during these trying times. Patrick and I just want to say that we love you all - in a purely platonic manner - and appreciate your kind words.

So, for now and through eternity (or at least until Jose kicks me off of here) I am...

SPONGEBOB!

Hi all, Let me just start by stating: I am a 44 yr old mother w/ colon cancer & a Six year old! I Have cartoon, stuff all over the place: including Sponge-Bob blankets , stuffed toys etc, along w/ the Wiggles,Dora,Rugrats, Barbies, Polly-pocket (do you know her) & Now The Cheetah Girls also: I agree w/ SB more attencion on medical problems in the good ole USA, and less on our catoons, gosh Yogi-bear stole picnic baskets for gosh sakes! I got the tale end of whatever the story here was about but had to put in my 2 cents worth. Chemo & all I still love Underdog!
    Best to all Amy
  • kangatoo
    slammer said:

Hi all, Let me just start by stating: I am a 44 yr old mother w/ colon cancer & a Six year old! I Have cartoon, stuff all over the place: including Sponge-Bob blankets , stuffed toys etc, along w/ the Wiggles,Dora,Rugrats, Barbies, Polly-pocket (do you know her) & Now The Cheetah Girls also: I agree w/ SB more attencion on medical problems in the good ole USA, and less on our catoons, gosh Yogi-bear stole picnic baskets for gosh sakes! I got the tale end of whatever the story here was about but had to put in my 2 cents worth. Chemo & all I still love Underdog!
    Best to all Amy

STRUTH,,,,BLIMEY!!!!As you can see it is once again after midnight here and the hours are passing quickly----tomorrow I will be back here to treat you all to Kanga's idiotic idiosyncrosies!
    Sponger----your willingness to "soak up" all the emotional strain we put on you here is a testiment to your intestinal fortitude.

"Did you understand any of the aforementioned blurb?"
    Nah---maybe ah jest better revert to good 'ol ozzie slang.---lol!
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    spongebob said:

My dear friends...

SPONGEBOB!

STOP THE PRESSES AGAIN!!!

SpongeBob is gay?? He leads an "alternative" lifestyle???? I watch it all the time with my 5 yr old and that NEVER occured to me!! Boy I'm either a complete ding-dong (don't answer that speedo boy) or blind as a bat!!

And I do not see Patrick as androgynous at all. I mean Boy George he is not!

Wow, all this excitement at 8 am and I never knew!! Gotta watch more closely for this I guess. And who is giving a flying hooty-hoot about this anyway?? This is the talk of Washington? (I guess I don't watch much news--ever) Wow I guess I better get my head outta the juicer and onto the news programs once in awhile. Or maybe not.

peace, emily who laughs her head off to spongebob (both of them)(are they kinky?)