lost husband 12-14-04

78MAPLE
78MAPLE Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Surviving Caregivers #1
my beauitful husband of 19 yrs. lost his battle 12-14-04. esphus/liver mets. i was his only caregiver and i am completly lost. he was my entire life and i have never felt so alone and in such pain. i know he is in a better place, but he was robbed. he was only 55. we had out whole future before us. how do you do this thing called grieving?

Comments

• This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • mah
    mah Member Posts: 28
    I understand how you feel. I lost my husband in June of 2003. He was 50 years old. Too young to have to die. It has been the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with. You lose you husband and all the future plans that you have together. I turned to my faith in God and the support that Hospice offered. I have made so many friends through Hospice and we help each other when we are down. By sharing my grief experiences with others going through the same thing has helped me in my own life. It is so hard to start your life all over again alone but we do it becasue we have no choice. I am finally getting to where I feel I am making my own way again. It has not been easy but it does get better in time. You can email me at docma@digitalexp.com if you would like to. You have a long road ahead of you and my heart and prayers go out to you. MA