To moesimo

goldfinch
goldfinch Member Posts: 735
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Maureen,
Not sure if you went back to my last entry. After you responded I wrote you a reply. Wishing you good luck on your surgery. Know you'll breeze through it.
Mary

Comments

• Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    Mary,
    Thank you so much for your good wishes. I know that you are dealing with alot right now. What a terrible disease this is.

I am having a pet scan tomorrow because there was an area of concern on my cat scan last week. It is in the presacral area where my surgery was. They are hoping that is is scar tissue. But it is a little more enlarged than my cat scan 3 mos. ago. The pet will give the answer. I will breathe a little easier after tommorrow. I am having a colonoscopy on Thursday, and then surgery on Friday. I am sooo scared.
    Maureen
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Moesimo said:

Mary,
    Thank you so much for your good wishes. I know that you are dealing with alot right now. What a terrible disease this is.

I am having a pet scan tomorrow because there was an area of concern on my cat scan last week. It is in the presacral area where my surgery was. They are hoping that is is scar tissue. But it is a little more enlarged than my cat scan 3 mos. ago. The pet will give the answer. I will breathe a little easier after tommorrow. I am having a colonoscopy on Thursday, and then surgery on Friday. I am sooo scared.
    Maureen

Maureen -

You hang in there. It's OK to be scared. But at the same time you're feeling scared, know that you have dozens of friends here who will be holding you close in their hearts and keeping you in their prayers.

- SpongeBob
  • goldfinch
    goldfinch Member Posts: 735
    I understand being scared. Hang in there! Sending positive vibes your way for tomorrow.
    I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.
    Mary
  • aspaysia
    aspaysia Member Posts: 250
    Moesimo said:

Mary,

Maureen

I had many anomalies in my post op CT scans for a year. They never did find out for sure what was going on. Fluid accumulation. Inflamation. Scar tissue. Taking a wait and see approach seemed to work as it all disappeared eventually.
    I will be thinking of you Friday. Let us know as soon as you can how things are with you. I guarantee you will love the colostomy. After reading all the stories about poopcidents, I consider myself lucky to have no such worries.
    Aspaysia, living la vida libre.
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    Boy Maureen, Pretty busy (and scary) week ahead for you...hang in there, sending many prayers your way, and hoping for great outcome and speedy recovery. Take care and post when you can. Judy
  • jana11
    jana11 Member Posts: 705
    Wishing you a quick and easy recovery. I will be thinking of you. Hope the PET scan is completely negative.
    I spent my time waiting for the sugar to flow doing meditative breathing - try it... the time just flowed by.

jana
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    jana11 said:

Wishing you a quick and easy recovery. I will be thinking of you. Hope the PET scan is completely negative.
    I spent my time waiting for the sugar to flow doing meditative breathing - try it... the time just flowed by.

jana

Hiya Maureen. Our very best on the 14th babe. Sending all our love, prayers, and....
    A very special "RAINBOW"
    Being so afraid of the unknown is natural.Know that we know just how you feel...we are all here for you!!!
    Get well soon.
    ((((((((((((MAUREEN))))))))))),
    kanga n Jen