anemia and arimindex

Options
sarajane
sarajane Member Posts: 22
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have beem on arimindex for about two years following mast Recently blood tests show me to be anemic and i was put on iron while they do additional tests. Am curious..has anybody else had this happen? Dr. doesnot think it is related to arimiex...any thoughts what it could be? Thanks for any input.

Comments

• tlmac
    tlmac Member Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi sarajane, Anemia and thinning hair occurred in about 2-5% of women participating in the clinical trials for Arimidex. Your anemia may definitely be related to the drug.
    terri
  • sarajane
    Options
    tlmac said:

Hi sarajane, Anemia and thinning hair occurred in about 2-5% of women participating in the clinical trials for Arimidex. Your anemia may definitely be related to the drug.
    terri

timacThank you so much. That my be the simpleset explnation aand if so i can live with that. Doctor never mentioned it as a possibility.
  • MACE1610
    MACE1610 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    sarajane said:

timacThank you so much. That my be the simpleset explnation aand if so i can live with that. Doctor never mentioned it as a possibility.

I AM FINDING THAT MY DOCTORS DO NOT SEEM TO MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT THE SIDE EFFECTS OF THE DIFFERENT THINGS WE HAVE AS PART OF OUR TREATMENTS. WE HAVE TO DO OUR OWN RESEARCH ON SOME OF THIS. I HAD ASK ABOUT THE ARIMIDEX AND MY HAIR THINNING. WAS TOLD ARIMIDEX WOULD NOT DO THAT, THEN I CALLED THE MANUFACTURE OF ARIMIDEX AND THEY SAID IT DOES CAUSE THE HAIR TO THIN. YOU SHOULD STILL DO ALL YOU CAN TO MAKE SURE THERE IS NOT ANOTHER PROBLEM CAUSING THE ANEMIA AS LOTS OF THINGS CAN BE THE CAUSE OF IT. I WOULD NOT TO TAKE A CHANCE THAT THE ANEMIA IS COMING FROM SOMETHING ELSE AND JUST SAY IT IS FROM THE ARIMIDEX. GOOD LUCK
  • sarajane
    Options
    MACE1610 said:

I AM FINDING THAT MY DOCTORS DO NOT SEEM TO MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT THE SIDE EFFECTS OF THE DIFFERENT THINGS WE HAVE AS PART OF OUR TREATMENTS. WE HAVE TO DO OUR OWN RESEARCH ON SOME OF THIS. I HAD ASK ABOUT THE ARIMIDEX AND MY HAIR THINNING. WAS TOLD ARIMIDEX WOULD NOT DO THAT, THEN I CALLED THE MANUFACTURE OF ARIMIDEX AND THEY SAID IT DOES CAUSE THE HAIR TO THIN. YOU SHOULD STILL DO ALL YOU CAN TO MAKE SURE THERE IS NOT ANOTHER PROBLEM CAUSING THE ANEMIA AS LOTS OF THINGS CAN BE THE CAUSE OF IT. I WOULD NOT TO TAKE A CHANCE THAT THE ANEMIA IS COMING FROM SOMETHING ELSE AND JUST SAY IT IS FROM THE ARIMIDEX. GOOD LUCK

Thank you mace1610 You and timac are so right. I mentioned it to doctor and he said he had never seen it but it does occur. I will have additional tests done in a month or so but I appreciate the advice. We need to be our own advocates. Thanks again to both of you.