SeekPeace re: your Trams

martyzl
martyzl Member Posts: 196
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just read your response to Rusty on the 27th when you mentioned that your Trams were too big for your liking... did you ask for a revision? It may not be too late. My situation was different in that I had a unilateral and had to have revision as the Tram came out quite a lot larger than my remaining breast... perhaps you could figure out some loophole there. No sense being unhappy with this stuff, is there?? It should be YOUR choice, not the surgeon's!
I could ask my plastic man if he or his staff have dealt with such a situation, if you like.

Be well,
~marty

Comments

• martyzl
    me again... Sheesh.. should have finished reading your whole response! I too had a large lump with my single Tram due to the crossed muscle just under my breast. It flexed when my stomach muscles flexed- of course, as it is a stomach muscle! *smiles* My Plastic Man said it would go down over time but it did take me over two years to notice a reasonable reduction in it's size. It has finally atrophied to a more comfortable point. Of course, being nearly 5 weeks out from childbirth now, I have all manner of other bumpiness to contend with!! *grin* Who knows what my stomach will look like after all of this?!?
    Just wanted to let you know that it may get better yet. Perhaps we just had really strong abs to begin with, eh?

~marty
  • seeknpeace
    seeknpeace Member Posts: 259
    haha..you are so funny. I hate the bulge. I hate it hate it hate it. But, I hate cancer more, huh? I hate to be so vain, but, damn, there is enough crap to deal with that I really wanted this to at least enhance my appearance somewhat. I wanted smaller breasts, I wanted to have a flat tummy. Nada on both.

I did have two surgeries since the tram in Feb. One of them was to try to resolve the scar at the bottom, it just looked bad to me, and to remove some of the transferred tissue that was put on the right side. But, there are still hard places in that boob the size of a golf ball. I am just not happy with this.

Ok, the big question, can the muscles be put back?
  • martyzl

haha..you are so funny. I hate the bulge. I hate it hate it hate it. But, I hate cancer more, huh? I hate to be so vain, but, damn, there is enough crap to deal with that I really wanted this to at least enhance my appearance somewhat. I wanted smaller breasts, I wanted to have a flat tummy. Nada on both.

I did have two surgeries since the tram in Feb. One of them was to try to resolve the scar at the bottom, it just looked bad to me, and to remove some of the transferred tissue that was put on the right side. But, there are still hard places in that boob the size of a golf ball. I am just not happy with this.

Ok, the big question, can the muscles be put back?

I know just where you are coming from!

I was raised to believe that outer appearance was more important than nearly all else. I just happened to be reasonably blessed in that dept. as well... ha!
    look at me now!!! So now I learn to concentrate on other things, to not worry about the fact that I am no longer so young, I no longer have a 36-24-36 figure, I am no longer thin, I am no longer lean and athletic, my skin is not so taut... ye' know what?? Life goes on. It's incredibly tough to get over these hang ups but it's something I have to deal with!
    I wanted bigger breasts! *laughing* Now I have one milk filled monster which will likely be due to fall flat in the next year... back to rolling it up into the bra, eh? I have one scarred, flat-topped little B cup breast-ette. Here a lump, there a bump, everywhere a bump- humphhh!

Ok, so you still have hard spots but your surgery was fairly recent, in the past year, yes? Have you been massaging your lumpiness into submission? It really helps! Mine finally calmed down about the same time as that evil little hill that we have under our Trams. *grin*
    It really doesn't seem quite fair, does it? We expect/hope/desire something out of this and we get the stuff that looks like it fell off the back of the truck, eh? *wink* Personally, I know now that my expectations were just set a weeee bit too high. *grin*

Put it back?!?!? And lose a source of griping?? *raises eyebrows* Egad!
    Seriously, I doubt it. *shrugs* It's been altered/atrophied and all... but... it cannot hurt to ask, yes?
    For your sake, I hope so! *smiles*
    Me, I'll just stick to looking at m'self nude in the mirror from afar, with dim lighting and a good strong squint and remember how fabulous it is to be here and what fun I am having with it all!

Have a smashing day and get tough with your massaging of those bumps! Show them you mean business!!!

Be well,
    ~marty