Help please need to remove my implants

kthackham
kthackham Member Posts: 5
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello my name is Kath..and i really need your help... i am a 39 yr old mom of 2 amazing kids... 2 1/2 years ago i had breast cancer and a bilateral mastectomy..and imediatley had siltex becker 50/ 50 implants put in.. i was on a study.. how cool... i thought id be
taken good care of and watched closley...i thought my problems were
over... i was sadly mistaken...the collar bone pain, the neck pain
the bone pain was bad from the beginning.. " it takes time " " it
could take up to a year to get used to these implants they would
tell me.. and it wouldnt end... a odd rash like chicken pox would
come and go and i thought i was NUTS...

I changed surgeons because he sadly felt if we looked beautiful than
most women wouldnt mind the PAIN...essentially he treated me like an
idiot who cared more about her looks that being in horrible daily
pain..that led me to 3 more surgeons who said i was too young for
this.. i agreed.. but they pushed me away from having them out
saying i had a implant "syndrome" and if i took them out i would see
holes and scar tissue so badly damaged i would go into a depression
and could get suicidal.. " they have seen these things happen".. so
i put up with it and through out the last 2 1/2 years i have been to
neurologist for dizzyness, they thought i had brain cancer, heart dr
for palpitations and low blood pressure and the list goes on..

In the middle of all this i called MENTOR the makers of my implants
and they diswayed me from taking them off... i would get depressed,
its statiistically proven, yada yada yada..

Finally the last 2 weeks my world has changed... after 2 1/2 years
im like a crippled lady.. i feel 85 yrs old...the pain is now into
my muscles, joints and my whole body cramps and is in HELL... the
heart dr said the implants had to come out. the rheumatologist said
its fibromyalgia and sever symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and is
checking for lupus and MS as my levels are elevated and he too told me to get them out asap
as he is scared i will not be able to reverse these probelms if i go
any longer ...i called MENTOR and FINALLY they " strongly strongly strongly urge you to get the implants out " in this so called study im in they have found " unexplained symptoms and rashes " they have not tested for auto immune disorders so she suggests i get them out and put in saline.. amd im thining ok wait.. these implants are not
on the market for anyone to have but its ok to kill a cancer survivor ? i mwean now you have no proof they are ok for me to have ?

Now i see a surgeon this friday so i can plan to have them out and i
have to tell you im terrified... i cant imagine being without
anything but im a mom with 2 kids and i didnt beat cancer to live
this way. i am posting anywhere i can to meet others who have been there done that..i need to know others are happy and living productive lives...have you had both taken off ? one ? how have you dealt with it ? do you feel broken > how do you move on ? I have a tremendous faith and i know GOD will see me through i just wihs he didnt have to this time...thank you for listening.. I need to know that
there is LIFE adn HAAPPINESS after taking them off.

thank you
Kath

Comments

• lisamm
    lisamm Member Posts: 17
    OMG!!! I'm so sorry! Is this what I'm in for?????? I had Bilateral Mastectomy with Becker Implants Aug. 30 of this yr. 6 weeks later, had infection in right, implant removed. Still have one. I'm 37 yrs old and have 2 children also. Never talked with anyone with "Becker implants". I'm trembling and I can't help but read your post over and over. (I sent you a message,check your inbox.)
  • littlelindalu
    littlelindalu Member Posts: 25
    Where are you? I am in similar straits -- have implants post double mastectomy (prophylactic) -- and mine also must come out. I DO NOT want any more implants, do not know if I can put myself through a tissue transfer reconstruction (taking body fat from another location and moving that to replace the implants) and, like you, do not know how I would bear looking at awful chest scars if I do not get reconstruction again for the rest of my life. You probably need to be going to a dr who does an "en bloc" removal of your implants (taking them out inside the scar capsule that has formed around them) to make sure that any spilled silicone does not get loose inside you.
  • KarenKL
    KarenKL Member Posts: 42
    Hello, my name is Karen, I also had a bilateral mastectomy and I have expanders in which are being filled every few weeks with saline. The safest thing so far I have heard. Mine don't hurt anymore and I have only had 200 cc's put in so far. I am sorry to hear this. It sure doesn't sound right that the surgeons wouldn't take them out, it isn't there decision. Yeah mine told me if I didn't like them he would take them out, but he would have to write down for billing reasons that there was a medical problem. When you do have them taken out you can get a prosthesis bra and no one would know the difference.
    Like losing our breast doesn't have some complications on us as it is, but to go through other problems. Please...
    Good luck to you.
    Karen
  • melperkins
    melperkins Member Posts: 5
    I had both my breasts removed 16 months ago as I had an aggressive form of breast cancer, called HER 2/neu overexpression, in one of them.They found trace amounts of the caner in three of my lymph nodes.I obtained copies of all my medical Pathology reports which stated "Prognosis Poor". I haven't had implants and don't intend to put my body through that at this point. I do not, nor did I ever, define myself by my beautiful two breasts.This was my decision for myself but I can offer you the opinion that you should try to be as physically healthy as you can NOW so that you won't waste time seeking after what isn't important or joyful in life. Concentrate on your family, your children and make as many happy memories as possible and let them see you be whole, complete in your acceptance of yourself and your own body. That will be your biggest gift. Good luck.