Praying and hoping

ainsleymom
ainsleymom Member Posts: 5
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone. I have browsed these boards for this entire year. My husband has been fighting Hodgkin's Disease and I read a lot of helpful info on the various boards. Now, I fear I need help. I went to the dr. yesterday because I found a lump in my breast. While she was doing a clinical exam, she found another lump on the same breast underneath my nipple. So, she sent me for a mam and us. Now, I knnow that statistics are on my side and it is most probably nothing but a cyst, but with the year that we've had I can't help but be worried. I have a feeling that this will be a very looong weekend as I have to wait till Monday for any results. Cancer has become such a common and close to home subject that I can't help but think the very worst.

I just wanted to share with all of you because I don't want to let on to my husband how worried I am. He is still having a very hard time coping with his survival. I would appreciate any well wishes and prayers that can be sent my way.

Thank you all.
Pam

Comments

• bunnie
    bunnie Member Posts: 233
    Hi like you said hopefully it is noithing. we will be thinking of you and your family. let us know how it turns our.Bunnie
  • wildangel
    wildangel Member Posts: 81
    I am sorry you and your husband are going through all of this. But being "veterans" of the cancer world take comfort in the knowledge that even if it is the "worst case scenario" early detection and aggressive diagnostics and treatment are the BEST WEAPONS and the BEST WAY to have a long long life- even though you may be living WITH cancer.
    I PRAY it is nothing. I hope you hear all good things this week.

Angela
  • ainsleymom
    ainsleymom Member Posts: 5
    I just would like to thank both of you for your kind words and wishes. It looks like everything is normal so I can breathe easier.

THank you so much!
    Pam