herceptin study

mutz
mutz Member Posts: 12
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have been a participant in the clinical trial that involved using herceptin for patients who are not dealing with metastisized cancer. I received herceptin once a week for 52 weeks along with the tradtional chemo. I have been done with herceptin since July. All my check ups have been great so far. Are there any other women out there on this trial?? How are you doing??? I think that herceptin is going to be our wonder drug!

Comments

• SusanAnne
    SusanAnne Member Posts: 245
    Hi Mutz. Sounds like we finished up around the same time. I was also in arm C getting the herceptin with the taxol. What were your particulars? I'm stage IIIa, ER-, PR+, 1 node +, 8 cm tumor. I had a mastectomy with radiation and delayed TRAM flap reconstruction. So far everything looks good! Congrats to you.

Susan
  • mutz
    mutz Member Posts: 12
    SusanAnne said:

Hi Mutz. Sounds like we finished up around the same time. I was also in arm C getting the herceptin with the taxol. What were your particulars? I'm stage IIIa, ER-, PR+, 1 node +, 8 cm tumor. I had a mastectomy with radiation and delayed TRAM flap reconstruction. So far everything looks good! Congrats to you.

Susan

Hi SusanAnne- I too was a stage IIIa, with 7 positive nodes, a 2.9 cm tumor and ER/PR-. I opted for a bilateral mastectomy and implants. My oncologist said some information has leaked about how the study is going and the word is "excellent". Glad to hear that you are also doing well!
  • tulip66
    tulip66 Member Posts: 32
    Hi - I also am done with my yearly Herceptin in August and also doing GREAT!