Bathroom issues - ouch!

jdubious
jdubious Member Posts: 113
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ok - This is embarassing, but I have to ask someone! I had my last A/C treatment last week, I will be starting taxol next week. The last few weeks I've developed hemmoriods. My oncologist says I will have fewer issues with this on taxol, but it the mean time I can't decide if I should increase my fiber or take Immodium! Has anyone else had these troubles? what did you do? thanks, jill

Comments

• krisrey
    krisrey Member Posts: 194
    Hi Jill,
    Are the hemmoriods caused from constipation?? If so, I was the constipation queen!!
    If it is due to constipation you need a naturaL thing, not immodium. Try a stool softner, it's a pill, or if its really bad I think they recommended milk of mag just to get things moving easy, but only in a small dose and only if its bad because they don't want your body to get use to taking any of these things it relaxes the mucles to much then they don't work on their own. Of course you should check with your doc before hand. Oh there is one other thing that is natural..sennikot (spelling).
    I think it was the dextrometh...(spelling) that made me constipated.
    Good luck, I know its just one more thing to make you uncomfortable.
    kris
  • ckelly6371
    ckelly6371 Member Posts: 6
    Dear Jill:

Increas your fiber and ask the doctor for stool softner. Duclox is the best. because of all of the chemo it has messed up yur intestines. Slowly resume in taking your fiber that will level you out and keep allowing your body to pass food. Hangin there it will pass eventually

Take care

Kelly
  • roxanne53
    roxanne53 Member Posts: 154
    krisrey said:

Hi Jill,
    Are the hemmoriods caused from constipation?? If so, I was the constipation queen!!
    If it is due to constipation you need a naturaL thing, not immodium. Try a stool softner, it's a pill, or if its really bad I think they recommended milk of mag just to get things moving easy, but only in a small dose and only if its bad because they don't want your body to get use to taking any of these things it relaxes the mucles to much then they don't work on their own. Of course you should check with your doc before hand. Oh there is one other thing that is natural..sennikot (spelling).
    I think it was the dextrometh...(spelling) that made me constipated.
    Good luck, I know its just one more thing to make you uncomfortable.
    kris

I was right with you in the constipation world. I had stool softeners and sennicot, too.
  • jdubious
    jdubious Member Posts: 113
    Thanks for the info! It reminded me that the Dr. said senna was ok to take. I'm regular, so I think I need a softener. we'll see how it turns out.
    jill