what can we do different?

SwingBridgeTSI
SwingBridgeTSI Member Posts: 78
edited March 2014 in Young Cancer Survivors #1
I was wondering what I can do different to get more people to come into the young survivor chat date/time? Should I make it every week at the same time and same day? or send everyone who posts that they are coming to the chat an e-mail? I would like to know what will get everyone more involved...Please let me know u may e-mail me on here also if u do not want to post in responce to this...I would like to get this chat days with more survivors the point to this is to show the site that they do not have much to offer us young survivors and that we taking it into our own hands to get what we need.

*Hugs*
Kristin

Comments

• isletcell
    isletcell Member Posts: 61 Member
    this whole board is slow lately. I think they should start advertising on t.v. again and the american cancer soiciety should dump more $$ into something thayt truly helps people who are having difficulties post cancer diagnoses. This site is such a wonderful idea but paitents need to be informed that its here for them when they need it.

jen
  • SwingBridgeTSI
    isletcell said:

this whole board is slow lately. I think they should start advertising on t.v. again and the american cancer soiciety should dump more $$ into something thayt truly helps people who are having difficulties post cancer diagnoses. This site is such a wonderful idea but paitents need to be informed that its here for them when they need it.

jen

I agree Jen... and they need to advetise with young survivors in the ad's also to show that we are here too. thanks!

Kristin
  • shmurciakova
    shmurciakova Member Posts: 906 Member

I agree Jen... and they need to advetise with young survivors in the ad's also to show that we are here too. thanks!

Kristin

I didn't even know that there was a young survivors chat! I think that sending out an announcement via e-mail to everyone who had ever logged onto the Young Survivors forum would be a good idea. Also, if it were on the same day of the week all the time folks would be able to remember better. Good luck, Susan
  • SwingBridgeTSI

I didn't even know that there was a young survivors chat! I think that sending out an announcement via e-mail to everyone who had ever logged onto the Young Survivors forum would be a good idea. Also, if it were on the same day of the week all the time folks would be able to remember better. Good luck, Susan

Thanks susan I had planned on that for next time I have a list of like 40 young survivors that have posted on the board and will let everyone know for the next one even if it takes me sending an e-mail 2 weeks before then 3 days before then the night before..... may seem like alot but well it it means gettin people into the chat then its cool....

Kristin
  • shmurciakova
    shmurciakova Member Posts: 906 Member

Thanks susan I had planned on that for next time I have a list of like 40 young survivors that have posted on the board and will let everyone know for the next one even if it takes me sending an e-mail 2 weeks before then 3 days before then the night before..... may seem like alot but well it it means gettin people into the chat then its cool....

Kristin

Hi again, that sounds great. It is kind of like trying to get a job I guess. Sometimes the more you bug em the more likely you are to get hired! Anyway, I was thinking that it would be nice to have a chat sometime like the week before the holidays maybe. And then again the week after New Years. These times, obviously, bring up a lot of emotions for us. I know last year I was sitting there staring at the tree wondering if I would be looking at it this year, ya know? Anyway, it would probably be a good time for people to talk about their fears, hopes, dreams for next year and so forth. What do you think?
    Take care, Susan
  • SwingBridgeTSI

Hi again, that sounds great. It is kind of like trying to get a job I guess. Sometimes the more you bug em the more likely you are to get hired! Anyway, I was thinking that it would be nice to have a chat sometime like the week before the holidays maybe. And then again the week after New Years. These times, obviously, bring up a lot of emotions for us. I know last year I was sitting there staring at the tree wondering if I would be looking at it this year, ya know? Anyway, it would probably be a good time for people to talk about their fears, hopes, dreams for next year and so forth. What do you think?
    Take care, Susan

great idea.... I will get one schedualed for this month post it and e-mail everyone I can.....
  • great idea.... I will get one schedualed for this month post it and e-mail everyone I can.....

This comment has been removed by the Moderator