A reason for surviving

billandpatty
billandpatty Member Posts: 86
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just wanted to share with all of you, especially if you are in the middle of treatment: I just helped and participated in my daughter's wedding this last weekend. What a wonderful, peaceful feeling I had in the middle of the celebration -- taking a moment within myself and looking around at family, friends and all of our children and feeling blessed. That's why we cancer people go through what we go through. Note: I'm a 4 year breast cancer survivor and a 15 month melanoma survivor...it's all worth it.

Comments

• mc2001
    mc2001 Member Posts: 343
    You are so correct! Life is worth it! Keep fighting the good fight!
    -Michael
  • blkhwkwife
    blkhwkwife Member Posts: 12
    I recently underwent bilateral mastectomy. I was deathly afraid and seemed to regret my decision for quite some time...until I was able to celebrate my 32nd b-day cancer free and with a new lease on life. Good for you! Good luck to you and yours.
  • ninja
    ninja Member Posts: 9
    HI billandpatty,

I was wonderign how your treatment for Melanoma is going? My husband was diagnosed with Stage 3 melanoma last June and he is in his third month of Interferon. Side effects are bad, so far and mood is even worse. Any suggestions.

Thank you and I hope you feel fine.

Ninja
  • AmberandTrevor
    AmberandTrevor Member Posts: 1
    ninja said:

HI billandpatty,

I was wonderign how your treatment for Melanoma is going? My husband was diagnosed with Stage 3 melanoma last June and he is in his third month of Interferon. Side effects are bad, so far and mood is even worse. Any suggestions.

Thank you and I hope you feel fine.

Ninja

hello my husband is 32 had a tumor in his parotid gland melanoma stage 3 they wanted to do interfuron but i think due to the side effects we are going to try something homeopathic. how is your husband and where was his primary source because we cant seem to find where it orginated from. thanks amberandtrevor