here's some good news for my daughter

tkd3g
tkd3g Member Posts: 767
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi all. My middle daughter, Em just had a wish granted. She has multiple handicaps due to a DPT vaccination reaction when she was 9 months old.

There is an organization called the Marty Lyons Foundation. It is much like the Make a Wish Foundation.

Well, her wish was to get a pool. The water therapy that she receives in the summer is so benificial to her, we thought that would be a great wish.

Well, I just talked to the foundation and they approved it!! I am so excited for her. Her muscles have become so tight and rigid. The pool loosens her up and relaxes her so much.

It is a total volunteer organization. Such great things they do.

Barb

Comments

• scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    That's wonderful news Barb!!!!!

And you can use it too to get your exercise. This Poole knows how great a pool is.!!!!!

Lisa P.
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    scouty said:

That's wonderful news Barb!!!!!

And you can use it too to get your exercise. This Poole knows how great a pool is.!!!!!

Lisa P.

Hiya Barb--lovely to hear--
    We have "make a wish foundation" here in OZ--wonderfull organisation!
    Do Jen and I a favour please Barb?
    Give your daughter a big hugg from us here please--tell her she has friends in Australia that care.
    -----------(((((((Em)))))))))---------
    from kanga n Jen
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Dear Barb,

I am so happy for your daughter. Hopefully, you can enjoy it as well.

Hugs,

Kay
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    hUH?

Did someone say there's a pool party at Barb's place? Tiki torches... luau chow... I'll bring the leis and Kanga will bring the pina coladas or so it would appear!

Great news, Barb! Now you need to make your wish (a hot, ripped Baywatch guy to be the lifeguard?)

- SB
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    spongebob said:

hUH?

Did someone say there's a pool party at Barb's place? Tiki torches... luau chow... I'll bring the leis and Kanga will bring the pina coladas or so it would appear!

Great news, Barb! Now you need to make your wish (a hot, ripped Baywatch guy to be the lifeguard?)

- SB

And i'll wear my bikini if no one laughs at the gash of a scar heading south from north of the navel (that's not naval SB).

peace, emily who'd love a pool party with Em