My Story

BillyJBoylan
BillyJBoylan Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
Hello, my name is Billy Boylan I am in my softmore year in college and I wanted to let people know what can come out of losing both my Mother and Father to cancer. I was 10 when my mother died and that was hard on the family. My dad began to drink quite offten. My sisters moved away and i was left alone. Coming up in a poor home with no money. not even money to get a good tombstone for my mother. I was so hurt by this lose. I began to slip and do drugs and get into troble from the law. My dad died when i was 16 leaving me again all alone with nowhere to turn. Soon i got saved and by the grace of God i am in college with a full scholorship. I wish to tell more about my story to those who hurt . But i dont really know how to get it out. Anyway thank you for your time and i hope this is not to long. Thank you and i hope you can help me get my story out. to help people in my situation. thank you.

Comments

• jmevans
    jmevans Member Posts: 13
    Billy,

It sounds like you are on the right path. I wish you luck.
    Jen
  • towanda
    towanda Member Posts: 19
    Hi Billy. Ya know, we serve an awesome God and there is always a plan. Some would choose, in your situation especially, to turn their back and become bitter. But you shine and continue to do so. That is your gift. You prevail and love God for that strength. I am 30 and I had small cell lung cancer. I'm in remission now (thank God) but I was so scared. I blamed God for so long. Now I know that that was what is was going to take to get me straight. I thank God for my life and I thank God for letting me see the light. So good to hear that others can appreciate the sun after the downpour. God bless you. My email is cjupo2@aol.com