PUFFY AND GAINING WEIGHT!

DELY
DELY Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Thyroid Cancer #1
HI,AGAIN EVERYBODY!
WELL TODAY!I AM A LITTLE DOWN,AS ALL YOU KNOW THAT WHEN THEY TAKE OFF YOUR SYNTHROID, WELL I GUESS YOU GET ALL PUFFY AND THAT IS WERE I AM RIGHT NOW, I KNOW I SHOULN'T BE THINKING ABOUT THIS BUT,WELL I JUST NEED TO KNOW THAT I AM NOT ALONE.WELL,ITS BEEN A LONG TIME SO I REALLY DONT
REMEMBER,SO YOU GET SWOLLEN OR PUFFY BECAUSE OF THE MEDICATION RIGHT?AND HOW MUCH WEIGHT DOES A PERSON GAIN? AND WHY? CAUSE RIGHT NOW, I DONT REALLY EAT THAT MUCH AND I FEEL VERY BLOATED,IJUST HOPE THAT I WONT GAIN SO MUCH.AND DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW THE SWELLING OF THE FACE CAN GO DOWN OR DO I JUST HAVE TO WAIT. ALSO DOES ANYBODY HAVE THE SCAR CHAPED LIKE A BIG "U"ON THEIR NECK,CAUSE I HAVE NOT SEEN ANYBODY WITH ONE,
AND IF SO HOW LONG DID IT TAKE TO HEAL! CAUSE IT HAS BEEN A MONTH ALREADY AND IT STILL FEELS PRETTY STIFF.OH! AND ALSO WILL IT EVER NOT SHOW SO MUCH. THE SCAR, I MEAN! THANK YOU!!
IF SOMEBODY WANT TO EMAIL ME, MY EMAIL IS
lares100869@msn.com

Comments

• peytonsdad
    peytonsdad Member Posts: 10
    Hi, My name is Butch,
    Sorry about the weight thing, I've been through radiation twice,I know it's no fun and I don't think there's really anything you can do about it. I gained weight also and am not too happy about it!!
    Now about the scar, are you talking about the necklace incision that goes from ear to ear? That is the cut they make to do the Bilateral neck disection! If so that is the one I have,and I too have not seen anyone else with one!!
    If thats the one you have and would like to talk about it, you can e-mail me at mdolphin13@alltel.net
  • ccb
    ccb Member Posts: 3
    I'm puffy anf fluffy too. But two of my co-workers went through this and then got back to better than normal. As for the scar, it's probably going to be a good 6 months of religious sunscreen and vitamin e oil to make it unnoticeable (per plastic surgeon)