NOCC in Michigan

als26
als26 Member Posts: 46 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hi everyone-
It's official.. We're up and running in Michigan!

Dear Family, Friends and Future NOCC Members:

I am writing you to announce the formation of the Eastern Michigan Division of the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition (NOCC). It is my goal as the Eastern Michigan Division President to to raise awareness among women and to promote early detection.

I'm hoping that this new Division will benefit other women who are struggling with the uncertainty, fears and anger that is often associated with Ovarian Cancer.

Our Division goals include the following:

To educate and inform women about the myths, risk factors and symptoms of Ovarian Cancer through educational meetings and health fairs
To educate physicians in local areas about this disease through on-site visits and literature
To alert the media during awareness month via television, radio and print
To obtain a Resolution declaring September as Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
To obtain a City proclamation declaring September as Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month

I am committed to this cause, and I hope that you, or someone you know, may be willing to help too. We need to raise awareness of the signs and symptoms that are so subtle... they whisper..

If you are interested in participating on any level, please contact me at 313-885-0262 or via the web at mi.east.nocc@ovarian.org. Meeting notices and event information will be posted at www.ovarian.org. Please make sure to click on State Division¨ on the left-hand side in order to access our local information.

I am confident that our Eastern Michigan Division will make a difference!

Sincerely,

Andrea Ferguson
President, NOCC Eastern Michigan