Remembering Chuck915

sfleming
sfleming Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Military Cancer Survivors #1
Dear Chuck915,
I never thanked you, Chuck, and now you are gone. I did not say, thank you for welcoming me into the ACSCSN community and I never told you that the angels must have been looking out for me the first time I clicked to chat and you were there. I never told you what an indelible impression you left on me and how overcome I was with gratitude when you welcomed me so enthusiastically and genuinely. Chuck, you showed me the strength, grace, and humor that is suffering overcome. So now Chuck with my whole heart I thank you for the gift of you. I will miss you.

XOXO,
Suzie (a.k.a. Suzann)

http://obits.mysanantonio.com/story.cfm?type=0&id=35702

Memorial Services are set for Major Charles H. Wolf, USAF, Retired, on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 at 10:30 A.M. in the Chapel at Temple Beth-El, Ashby and Belknap, San Antonio, TX.

Charles H. Wolf, Major, USAF, Retired, a decorated war hero died as a result of injuries in an automobile accident which occurred east of Rawlins, WY on Tuesday, July 6, 2004 at 7:30 A.M. He was 80.

Major Wolf served during WWII as an enlisted man and then as a fighter and bomber pilot. He later served as an officer in the Korean Conflict. He survived four tours of duty on three continents, also serving four combat tours under enemy fire. His decorations and accolades are too numerous to list. Those who served with him are aware of his bravery, heroism and love of country. He served all with honor and distinction. His family and friends will miss him, his humor, compassion and love. He was truly an officer and a gentleman and will remain a legend. He also retired from Portland General Electric in Portland, OR as chief pilot and head of corporate flight division, which he pioneered.

Charles is survived by his wife, Blair Lyle Wolf, Lytle, TX; two sons, Daniel H. Wolf, San Diego, CA, Malcolm Lyle, Mechanicsville, VA; two daughters, Jane Leland, San Antonio, TX, GiGi Wolf, Desert Hot Springs, CA; grandsons, Blair L. Wolf, Lytle, Ryan C. Wolf, Edwards AFB, CA, Brandon Wolf, Desert Hot Springs, CA, Matthew Lyle, Johnson City, TN; granddaughters, Sarah Ann Wolf, Newberg, OR, Victoria Wolf, San Diego, CA, Julia Aby Lyle, Johnson City, TN; great-granddaughter, Raven Wolf Afterbuffalo. He was preceded in death by his father, Alexander M. Wolf; stepmother, Mary Wolf; mother, Sarah Glober Mondshine; stepfather, Murray Mondshine and son, Charles Herbert Wolf, Jr. Cremation has taken place. ROSTAD MORTUARY Rawlins, WY 82301 (307) 324-2611