Anyone else feel psycho?

Options
bpcbrinks
bpcbrinks Member Posts: 31
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Does anyone else get depressed one day and then fine the next? Lately I have been going through test after test to find out if the cancer has spread to my bone marrow. One day I will be fine and then the next I can't get out of bed because I am crying so much. I fee like I am going crazy. My husband ( who is wonderful) tries to give me pep talks and "we are going to beat this" speeches. But it doesn't help and I feel very alone.

Anybody got any answers?
Thanks
Patty

Comments

• bunnie
    bunnie Member Posts: 233
    Options
    Hi i hear you i get that way myself sometimes just start ceying for no reason at work.Iam finght lung cancer wich origainl was breast cancer all this in the last year.Iam know on my third round of chemo and hoping this works.
    All can say is listen to your supportive husband.My husband keeps telling me the same things.good luck with everything and hope you get too felling better. Bunnie.
  • inkblot
    inkblot Member Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Hi Patty:

I'm so sorry you're having to go through these tests. It has to be very difficult.

I'd suggest that you talk with your doc about how you're feeling, making no bones about the fact that your emotions are like a pendulum right now. They can prescribe medications which can help you during this tough time. No need to suffer in silence.

Sending warm hugs and good wishes that your bone marrow is ok. Please keep us posted.

Love, light and laughter,
    Ink
  • elizagain
    elizagain Member Posts: 43
    Options
    Yes, I do feel this way. Mostly teetering between sad/sick and positive. YOu are very normal - let's face it, this is a serious illness we are all d ealing with. But I believe we can improve our odds by intentionally diverting our 'bad' feelings to feeling positive and allowing our bodies to heal. I know it sounds "new age'y" but I really believe this. Lots of evidence around us that people can and do beat this, survive it, and live to tell the tale to others.
  • gaby13
    gaby13 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    i know you posted your message a few days ago but, i was so touched that i needed to reply. it helped me to see my feelings in your words. i have felt the same way, especially throughout tests. not knowing what they will be like, how i will react, what the results will be, what the results mean, the future, etc., etc. extremely difficult time. as corny as it sounds, "this too shall pass" and right now it's just getting through it the best i can, one step at a time. sometimes the best i can means letting myself grieve and rest. i'm so sorry you're having to go through this right now. i am going to attempt to send this now. never done this before!
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's the cancer that causes it, or the treatment, but it's like being on an emotional roller coaster and I think nearly everyone has that problem. Have you mentioned it to your doctor? He should be able to prescribe something to help you, or you may want to go to a counselor. We've all been there and we're rooting for you, so hang in there - it DOES get better!
    Clara