Results are In. YIPEEEEE!!!!!!!

Options
Unknown
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I think the subject line says it all. Bert remains "NED" even though CEA remains at 9.0!!!! Can't find a thing. All is normal. Dr. Lenz will continue monitoring every 8 weeks as opposed to three months. And for even more good news....three more chemo treatments and he's done!!!! He will have been on four months of 5fu/leuc (when he was with previous onc) and will have been able to sustain a full six month protocol of 5fu/leuc/oxal! Mid July is target date. Blood work is very good and yup, he gained 9 pounds while in Europe. That's okay...more of him to love for a long, long time (I hope and pray). Thanking each and every one of you for your prayers, positive thoughts and energy, and especially HE who is listening and continues to bless.

Monika, who is back at work in L.A. doing the happy dance all around her office with fellow co-workers in tote and whose Boss thinks she has totally lost it but understands completely.

:-)

Comments

• taunya
    taunya Member Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to both of you!!!! Wonderful news!
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Contgratulations to you both. We are all thankful for our many blessings.

Fondly,

Kerry
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! Wonderful news! Horrah!

Best, Tara
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Dear Monica and Bert, I thnk I hear champagne corks popping....what great news; relax and enjoy. Regards, Judy
  • sallyjoy
    sallyjoy Member Posts: 102
    Options
    So glad to hear your wonderful news. Can't wait to do the happy dance here at home :) Stories like yours give me hope for hubby (stage 4) His CEA was up to 7.8 but went down to 1.8 on chemo, then he'll have liver resection (1 met) then more chemo. He really hates the chemo but if it gives us a chance to do the happy dance, its worth it :) God Bless and Congrats!!!!
    Sally Jo
  • cheer3
    cheer3 Member Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Great NEWS!! I am happy for you .I think this call for a celebration.
    Keep Smiling,
    Jean
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    cheer3 said:

Great NEWS!! I am happy for you .I think this call for a celebration.
    Keep Smiling,
    Jean

Hey Monika and Bert!!!!!!!!
    What a wonderfull feeling you must share--we all know that this scourge never really leaves our minds but is is --oh, so wonderfull to hear that you are a "neddy" Bert.
    Thanks for your reply to my post, Monika--so how come I am back early???
    Rats--Jen has developed tha flu and is in no shape to travel so the long w/end trip planned has been sidelined.Ah--she will be fine--just miserable at tha moment--so I am repaying her with some "nursing" of my own!!!!
    I know that the last few sessions on chemo will knock Bert fairly well but---YOU CAN DO IT BERT!!!!!!!

Champers?????--geeez--that stuffs like drinkin vinegar!!
    "Pour kanga a scotch please!!!--he he"
    luv n (((((((Monika/Bert))))) from kanga n Jen
  • StacyGleaso
    StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    GREAT! Tell Bert we all knew he could get through this! Hope your mom is doing well, too!

Stacy
  • littlejulie
    littlejulie Member Posts: 311
    Options
    hey monika!!!

WELCOME BACK!!! that's great news! CONGRATS!!!
  • kangatoo said:

Hey Monika and Bert!!!!!!!!
    What a wonderfull feeling you must share--we all know that this scourge never really leaves our minds but is is --oh, so wonderfull to hear that you are a "neddy" Bert.
    Thanks for your reply to my post, Monika--so how come I am back early???
    Rats--Jen has developed tha flu and is in no shape to travel so the long w/end trip planned has been sidelined.Ah--she will be fine--just miserable at tha moment--so I am repaying her with some "nursing" of my own!!!!
    I know that the last few sessions on chemo will knock Bert fairly well but---YOU CAN DO IT BERT!!!!!!!

Champers?????--geeez--that stuffs like drinkin vinegar!!
    "Pour kanga a scotch please!!!--he he"
    luv n (((((((Monika/Bert))))) from kanga n Jen

Kanga, so sorry to hear about Jen. Tell her to hurry up and get better, okay. "She vill get better and she vill like it!"

Actually, he's doing pretty well on his resumed chemo and doc doesn't anticipate any problems. Apparently Bert has a wonderful immune system which is such a blessing. He had chemo Thursday, went to work in the afternoon and is at work again today. That's pretty much the way it has been from the get go. Two more to go!!!!! Keeping fingers crossed for the best.

(((((Huggies to you and Jen)))))))
    Monika