Tamoxifen after Doxil

inela
inela Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
The first time that I got ovarian cancer was in October 1995. I had 6 doses of Taxol and Carboplatin, and the cancer went into remission for 6 years. My stage was 3.

I got cancer again in March 2002, and again I had doses of Taxol and Carboplatin, and the cancer went into remission for 5 months only. In December 2002, the cancer came back again. This time I was given Taxol and Cisplatin twice (once every 3 weeks); it did not work, and the CA 125 went up to 256. Then I was put on Doxil for 13 months (one dose per month) and the CA 125 came down to 89 and then started to go up till it reached 177, when my doctor told me that the Doxil was not working and more and he put me on Tamoxifen (10 mg daily). Twenty days after taking Tamoxifen, the CA 125 went down from 177 to 99, and this month (May 2004)it went down to 49. I thought that a miracle had taken place! My doctor now wants to see me in 2 months time. I am really happy that I am getting a break from chemotherapy, but for how long? I don't know, but apparently my implants or tiny tumors are estrogen receptors, and tamoxifen is an anti-estrogen medication given mainly to women who have breast cancer. I wanted to share this experience with all of you, hoping that it can help anyone who has ovarian cancer.

Comments

• JanQ
    JanQ Member Posts: 236
    Thank you for sharing I just finised treatment Taxol/Carbo for stage 3 ovarian.Hope your numbers keep going down, mine right now is 12.5. God Bless You and keep expecting miracles. Jan