Bon Voyage!

Options
Unknown
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well, we're off to Europe for about four weeks. Plane leaves tomorrow a.m. and I've got tons to do before then. I'm going to try real hard to put Bert's rising CEA on the very back burner and focus on what my girlfriend, who has survived both breast and colon cancer told me...that being, unless the onc gives you bad news, there's nothing to worry about. And in all honesty, Dr. Lenz has not given any bad news...just that Bert is being monitored very closely. Everything looks good and at this point in time, his CEA of 9.5 cannot be explained.

Mom's onc visit today went well, so I have some peace of mind there. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers and NO BAD NEWS when I get back, okay?

Hugs,
Monika & Bert who are "leaving on a jet plane" for some nice, cool, "rainy weather" and looking forward to it.

Comments

• grandma047
    grandma047 Member Posts: 381
    Options
    Monika, You and Bert try to forgot about the C word(see I won't even say it, LOL) and enjoy yourselves. Like they say, no news is good news, so try not to worry unless there's reason. I know I'm one to talk with surgery coming up the 20th. I would love to take a trip and am going to plan on it, as soon as I recoup some. God bless you and HAVE FUN!!!!
    Love and prayers, Judy H
  • littlejulie
    littlejulie Member Posts: 311
    Options
    Have a blast monika & bert!!! i went to europe last summer and had the most amazing time!!! all the best to you both!! talk to you soon. julie :)
  • rep801
    rep801 Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Have a great time, and do put everything on the back burner. We spent 2 weeks in Italy last fall, and it was wonderful. All of the health concerns I was experiencing just evaporated. Hope you can do the same thing.

Just enjoy the time and the place. Everything else will be here when you get back.

Bob
  • tanya99
    tanya99 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi Monika and Bert,
    have a Happy and wonderful vacation.
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Enjoy each day. Looking forward to the travelogue when you return. Judy