leg /pelvic pain

mothertess
mothertess Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
I have had right pelvic pain for 4 months. I have had a trans vag US and cat scan - both normal. I am getting concerned because I have also been having recurrent pain in my right leg. How is leg pain associated with ovarian cancer? My pain feels somewhat muscular - the muscles, particularly in my IT band get very tender. What can I do to make sure this is not ovarian cancer? Thanks for you help.

Comments

• groundeffect
    groundeffect Member Posts: 639 Member
    The only way ovarian cancer can be diagnosed accurately is by biopsy of the ovary, and that requires surgery. I believe there is a laporascopic procedure that can be done with a smaller incision.

Have you had a CA-125 test? It's not accurate for lower stage ovarian, but it's usually suggested if it's suspected.

Fran Drescher says in her book "Cancer, Schmanser" that she is convinced there's a connection between uterine cancer and leg pain due to her personal experience and what other women have told her.

I had deep vein thrombosis in my right leg that caused pain and made my leg swell, and was diagnosed with uterine and ovarian cancers.

DVT is caused because the blood hypercoagulates (clots) and blocks the veins. If a clot gets loose and travels, it can cause a pulmonary embolism or stroke.

I had a trans vag US and cat scan, also, and neither effectively showed a problem with my ovaries (only one had cancer). I had fibroids, so my uterus was expected to be a little odd looking.

I hope this helps. DVT can be a symptom of lower body cancers, but it seems as though doctors almost need to be reminded of that fact. You might want to ask for a uterine mini-biopsy. It doesn't take long, and can be done in a doctor's office. Good luck, and keep looking for the cause of your pain!
  • Sooie
    Sooie Member Posts: 5
    Hey there, I read with interest your post 5/5. I too have been having abdominal and leg pain for quite some time, it also radiates around into my right buttock and lower back. I do have a history of endometriosis and have had 4 surgeries over the last 4 years, 2 last year! Most recently was to remove a cyst from my right ovary which caused leg pain, abdomen, etc but they never did a bioposy or anything and said it was due to endo but 8 months down the track I am still in pain and gyno has recommended hysterectomy even though I have had no children due to being infertile. I was booked in for 9 june but it was cancelled because a woman needed emergency C section so I am now booked for 23 June. I am worried because reading some of the posts in here, alot of my symptoms are the same. Have you had any further tests? I hope all goes well for you. I do empathise with you. Let me know the outcome. Godbless :)