Stacy: Everyone: Worrisome Isn't It

Options
Unknown
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Stacey, I am so honored by your praise...really, I am! I don't exactly agree with you because there are certain days that I feel like I'm the horse just out of the gate again :o) but then again, there are other days when yes, Bert and I have come a long, long way and still have a long way to go. Hell, it beats having a long, long, long way to go (LOL).

You hit the nail, I am sure, right on the head when you said you know how Bert feels when he's watching me watching him. The thought has so many times come into my mind that I could deal with all of this so much better had I been diagnosed and not him. And while I am grateful to God that to the best of my knowledge, I am healthy, can't help but sometimes wish that I could just take it all and make it go away.

I love you Stacey....all of you and I don't plan on giving up hope any time soon.

Hugs,

Monika in L.A. who's a natural born worry wart :o)

Comments

• jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Hi Monika,
    Just wanted to affirm what you and Stacey have put together. When my dad was first diagnosed with colon cancer (and living 600 miles away), I felt sooo anxious for him and tried desperately to stay on top of info with surgeon and oncologist. Meanwhile, my dad was a trooper through his year of chemo, and told me often, "Don't worry about me; I'm doing fine". His recurrance was pretty devastating, and again, I was so nervous and vigilant for him.
    When I was diagnosed myself this past fall, I was really amazed by how calm I felt! It is so different when it happens to you. I feel relatively clear about what my options are, and am determined to just see this through. As dad used to tell me, I'm not just going to lay down and die...a little blunt, but sure reflected his attitude!
    So, hugs and warm wishes for comfort and worry free days. Enjoy your trip...what part of Italy will you visit? It's one of the countries hubby and I are considering to celebrate the completion of chemo!
    Regards to you both
    Judy, who has more time to ramble on, now that she is on medical leave
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    jsabol said:

Hi Monika,
    Just wanted to affirm what you and Stacey have put together. When my dad was first diagnosed with colon cancer (and living 600 miles away), I felt sooo anxious for him and tried desperately to stay on top of info with surgeon and oncologist. Meanwhile, my dad was a trooper through his year of chemo, and told me often, "Don't worry about me; I'm doing fine". His recurrance was pretty devastating, and again, I was so nervous and vigilant for him.
    When I was diagnosed myself this past fall, I was really amazed by how calm I felt! It is so different when it happens to you. I feel relatively clear about what my options are, and am determined to just see this through. As dad used to tell me, I'm not just going to lay down and die...a little blunt, but sure reflected his attitude!
    So, hugs and warm wishes for comfort and worry free days. Enjoy your trip...what part of Italy will you visit? It's one of the countries hubby and I are considering to celebrate the completion of chemo!
    Regards to you both
    Judy, who has more time to ramble on, now that she is on medical leave

Hiya worry wart!---awww---c'mon Monika---time out for a trip sweetie---we both know how hard it is to put it in the back of our minds but yah jest gotta do the right thing by yourself and "chill" babe!
    Treat yourself to a well earnt rest--fill your mind with thewonder of life and your surroundings--visualize Bert at his healthiest.
    Luv and huggs always--kanga n Jen
    another pair of worry warts!