Has anyone had radiation twice

buffy55
buffy55 Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had a lumpectomy/ radiation no chemo left breast Oct 2002 and had lumpectomy right breast Apr 20--very small less than 1cc(glad they found it soo early) neither is estrogen/progest positive so not taking tamoxifen hopefully no chemo but won't know til Wed April28 just radiation again Has anyone done this within such a short time and if there are different side effects Thanks and hope everyone is doing well.
God Bless XOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comments

• jeancmici
    jeancmici Member Posts: 665 Member
    I haven't had your situation but you are not actually receiving radiation twice. Your left breast could not receive radiation again but this is the other breast and the radiation is directed to a specific area. Your left breast is out of this field entirely.
    Not a doctor but can't think why you would have any different problems or experiences than with the other breast especially if you are being treated at the same place.

Good Luck! Ask the radiation oncologist any qyestions you have about the new procedure.

Jean
  • hummingbyrd
    hummingbyrd Member Posts: 950 Member
    jeancmici said:

I haven't had your situation but you are not actually receiving radiation twice. Your left breast could not receive radiation again but this is the other breast and the radiation is directed to a specific area. Your left breast is out of this field entirely.
    Not a doctor but can't think why you would have any different problems or experiences than with the other breast especially if you are being treated at the same place.

Good Luck! Ask the radiation oncologist any qyestions you have about the new procedure.

Jean

Jean's right, you are receiving radiation again, but not twice.
    Twice is when the same area is radiated. Had that done to my arm. Destroyed the tumor, praise God, but broke my arm. I don't think the darn thing is ever going to heal. Oh well, such is life.
    hummingbyrd
    P.S.
    Helloooo Jean! Where you been and how are you doing? (((HUGS))) hummer
  • jeancmici
    jeancmici Member Posts: 665 Member
    Hummer - HI!
    After my cancer spread to almost every bone I have, it is now stable - and hips looking a wee bit better. My doc says I do not walk and move like a person with such a mess in the bones - LOL!

Will have the CT scan results on Monday - this weekly treatment is getting to me.

While we're 'talking' how is your brother doing?

Thanks for asking about me -
    Hugs, Jean
  • hummingbyrd
    hummingbyrd Member Posts: 950 Member
    jeancmici said:

Hummer - HI!
    After my cancer spread to almost every bone I have, it is now stable - and hips looking a wee bit better. My doc says I do not walk and move like a person with such a mess in the bones - LOL!

Will have the CT scan results on Monday - this weekly treatment is getting to me.

While we're 'talking' how is your brother doing?

Thanks for asking about me -
    Hugs, Jean

Bro is a miracle, praise God. The 2 softball size tumors in chest are 90% gone, and bone marrow biopsy, which was positive, is now clear! He has 1 more chemo treatment.
    Glad to hear you are stable, weekly treatments are a bother, but hey glad to be here to take them, eh? I did it for 2 years now I get herceptin and zometa every 3 weeks which will probably be an option for you before long. Even 3 weeks comes around quick. Doesn't this dang stuff know I'm a busy person? LOL
    I just thank God these treatments aren't anything like chemo!
    Prayers for good results on CAT scan. Wonder when they'll start scanning the DOG? Boy, that was lame! LOL
    (((HUGS))) hummer