Women are dying!!

highaim
highaim Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Yet another sister with IBC passed away yesterday after being NED for 2 years. I am so overfilled with sadness that all I can do is cry. And then there is fear- for myself. What if after 2 years of being NED, just when I start to get comfortable again and hope this disease has been put to rest, it pops it's ugly head back up? And then there's the anger. I'm so angry that women are dying from this that I want to scream from the highest mountaintop! We may be fewer in number than the 'average' breast cancer patient who survives her disease, but we have families, and kids, and husbands too.

Comments

• bethd1946
    bethd1946 Member Posts: 9
    I too am scared. I am hoping to survive and have so far for a year and half but it is still hanging over my head. I try to keep positive and hope for a cure but sometimes I get discouraged and start feeling sorry for myself. There is so little known about this disease. I pray for all of us daily.
  • johnS
    johnS Member Posts: 4
    bethd1946 said:

I too am scared. I am hoping to survive and have so far for a year and half but it is still hanging over my head. I try to keep positive and hope for a cure but sometimes I get discouraged and start feeling sorry for myself. There is so little known about this disease. I pray for all of us daily.

Hello, I hope this helps somehow, my wife has had this IBC for 3 years now, she has had down times but keeps positive all the time for all around her. Try not to get too down and live for every day it is a very good therapy once your head is round it. It has worked wonders for my wife and I can tell you she has had her moments during this time. She is now on a drug called herceptin which has really stabilised her and allows her to lead a pretty normal life. Of course with IBC it is not always possible and in my wife's case she has to cope with Lymphodema also. But try try to keep your mind focused on being normal and live for each day. It sound rather cheesy but it has worked for us. God bless you all John.
  • dmorelli
    dmorelli Member Posts: 1
    I am so sory about your outrage. Know this there are also many of us survivng IBC. I am one and this is year three. I do not dwell on it I get on with the business of living and doing all I can to support cancer research. Best treatmen tof IBC is Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa FL
  • AuthorUnknown
    AuthorUnknown Member Posts: 1,537 Member
    my wife Jenny is now in her 11th year after breast cancer. there is much you can do to fight this disease we have designed a website for this purpose read our Bio.. canceranswersthatheal.com