Finding Information

Options
MLahey
MLahey Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I was wondering where do most people look for information after completing treatment? Also, what do most people want to know about after finishing treatment?

I work for a company that is currently making a software program for Breast Cancer Survivors. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• sassysally
    sassysally Member Posts: 150
    Options
    MLahey, most people want to know when are they going to feel "normal" again. If you have ever been through cancer and its treatment, Im not sure normal is ever there again. Adjusting is. They also worry about reoccurances. This is typical as it is always in the back of your mind in every ache, pain, and check up. They want to know where to get health and life insurance as now no one on the face of the earth will cover them as they just might die.... as will the life and health insurance people too I might add. A real concern for women also is how long it takes for their hair to grow back. Depression and hot flashes are a big part. Medication possiblities is a topic in regard to these two things, as well as sex drive being low with no hormones. All of these issues encompass a wide variety of questions. Lots of people do come here to this forum and ask questions of people that have been there in their shoes. I should know ( Ive been there 3 different times!) They want to know about reconstruction options. Companies available to help them with prosthetics. I have a problem with this, especially in swim wear. They usually make swim wear for older ladies.. I have had this since 28. Where to find cool suits, without prothetics that look "perky" if you know what I mean. To me the act like buoy's. These are just a few I guess. If you have any other questions.. email me. I'd be happy to help.
  • I_will_survive
    I_will_survive Member Posts: 31
    Options
    I am not thru all my radiation treatments (over half done tho!), but am through chemo. I have side effects from chemo yet and have looked for information as far as how long these side effects last, and what can been done for relief. Most of the information I found has been from this message board. I realize everyone is different and the side effects of chemo affect people differently, but I have learned a lot by reading the messages on this board, and posting questions too. I have also talked to my oncologist and he has been helpful.

Another thing I think about is what can I do to prevent the cancer from coming back. There are a lot of products on the market that are supposed to help our bodies fight cancer, but it would be great if one day someone would do a study finding out what we take, for how long, results...

Anyway, hope that helps you some.
    Joni
  • LisaLama
    LisaLama Member Posts: 7
    Options
    My biggest question was what should I eat or avoid eating to help prevent my cancer from coming back. Thanks, Lisa.
  • besci
    besci Member Posts: 9
    Options
    I don't know about the other thousands out there who survived treatment, but mine almost killed me, so I didn't want to know anymore about it. The next question is, when will it be over? What kind of feedback do you want? I've got 15 years of it, since my first cancer.