bileductcancer /pancreatic

pdgreer
pdgreer Member Posts: 6
edited March 2014 in Rare and Other Cancers #1
Any one need to talk but me?

Comments

• Dennisdd
    Dennisdd Member Posts: 10
    hey there. I pop in once in a while, not a very busy board..wish there was a chat room for just pancreatic cancer ???maybe we could start one?
    Anyway, now that i no ur lookin to talk ill make it a point to ck im more..Dennis
  • isletcell
    isletcell Member Posts: 61 Member
    Hi! Well I hgave been feeling the same way as you and a friend suggested thea i check out the Pancan web site. So I did and it was great. The people who work there even sent me a list of docs. who specialize in my type of cancer. It then led me to the john hopkins web site and they have a forum were I posted and got 3 replys in 1/2 a day. Much to my suprise.
    I still like this web site and I have people I like to talk to but, That site is so specific for theese types of cancers that it was great to find someone with a rare cancer as well like I have. You should give it a whirl.

Take care,
    Jennifer
  • pdgreer
    Dennisdd said:

hey there. I pop in once in a while, not a very busy board..wish there was a chat room for just pancreatic cancer ???maybe we could start one?
    Anyway, now that i no ur lookin to talk ill make it a point to ck im more..Dennis

Dennisdd, So glad to hear from you. Tell me about your situation & we'll compare notes. I'm from NC & had surgery @ Duke ; it was not much ; just exploring . I did chemo 6 months Off since JAN. 9 gO BACK FOR TESTS SOON; KINDA SCARED. hAVE A NEW grandbaby another due in June. Prayer has helped me & family. Please write back...Denise G.
  • pdgreer
    isletcell said:

Hi! Well I hgave been feeling the same way as you and a friend suggested thea i check out the Pancan web site. So I did and it was great. The people who work there even sent me a list of docs. who specialize in my type of cancer. It then led me to the john hopkins web site and they have a forum were I posted and got 3 replys in 1/2 a day. Much to my suprise.
    I still like this web site and I have people I like to talk to but, That site is so specific for theese types of cancers that it was great to find someone with a rare cancer as well like I have. You should give it a whirl.

Take care,
    Jennifer

Jennifer, glad you answered. Yes it is nice to talk to someone similar. Tell me about your cancer. I used to talk on the John Hopkins site alot but I got really depressed so I stopped ;also my sister did too. She kept them informed. Maybe I'll try it again; made alot of nice friends & learned alot. a couple I still email. Please write me back. Denise G.
  • isletcell
    isletcell Member Posts: 61 Member
    pdgreer said:

Jennifer, glad you answered. Yes it is nice to talk to someone similar. Tell me about your cancer. I used to talk on the John Hopkins site alot but I got really depressed so I stopped ;also my sister did too. She kept them informed. Maybe I'll try it again; made alot of nice friends & learned alot. a couple I still email. Please write me back. Denise G.

Hi!

I found that site to be very depressing too. But, I also had a very rare form of panc. cancer. So i have been elswhere.

You might like to sighn up for the ACOR site its easy to do and the people thare are nice. I introduced myself and had many responses. Also docs post there too with some of the latest reasearch. There really is so much going on. There is hope. And It makes me feel good to know that someday they will get to the bottom of this horrible disease. If you write me directly i will anser much faster because when I have a message waiting it pops up at home.

Thanks

Jennifer