Trigger Fingers from Taxol?

Options
2»

Comments

• PattiWalk
    PattiWalk Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

OMG I am SO happy I found this thread! I thought I was using my mind!

First trigger thumb showed up around August 2020, got a cortisone shot and it disappeared…

Was diagnosed with IDC right breast in October 2020, immediately started TCHP chemo,then had DMX and 7 right arm lymph nodes removed in Feb 2021 and finished HP adjuvant chemo late November 2021.

Last month I woke up with the same right thumb triggering. Started wearing my brace. Next morning, and all mornings since, I wake up with both thumbs, both middle fingers and both ring fingers were triggering. It lessens as the day goes on. Is there any supplement I can take to relieve what I believe is chemo related triggering??

• Christy001
    Christy001 Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

So glad to have found this thread. I have A/CT in 2019, and then began AI therapy. Nine months in the pain in my hands was unbearable.

Because I have chronic daily intractable migraine, I cannot take Alieve, Tylenol, or Advil or other NSAIDs daily as they are highly likely to cause me to experience rebound headaches and trigger more severe migraine disease episodes.

In 2020 we tried the 2 other AIs, but they were actually worse, so I was switched to tamoxifen.

I’ve gotten significant relief. But much of the stiffness remains. The “trigger finger” problems are something I had no name for! And I was blaming the wrong source. 🤷‍♀️

I was an avid knitter, and I used to spend 3 or more hours daily knitting while listening to audiobooks since I am legally blind.

These problems took that from me. Not even the exercises I knew and have practiced to forestall regrets to end stress injuries have allowed me to knit again.

But this discussion has given me a new path to follow. Maybe something can be done after all. Thank you! 💛🌻

• Christy001
    Christy001 Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I think I should have written that I had AC-T in 2019. Sorry. Very new to posting! 🤷‍♀️😬

• cactusqueen
    cactusqueen Member Posts: 1 *
    Options

Trigger fingers began in middle of Taxol.Oncologist says it's arthritis but research tells me he is just passing it off to someone else. I can't even successfully gi e him the finger! Docs aren't going so tried cbd/cbg cream and getting relief. Also doing hand exercises for trigger finger. Mornings aren't good but I improve by noon

• PattiWalk
    PattiWalk Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Well, I have now had surgery on my right trigger thumb, so that is forever fixed. My oncologist switched me back to tamoxifen, and thanks to that AND taking 50,000 IU of Vitamin D3 twice a week, my triggering fingers have absolutely stopped. I am convinced that Arimidex caused me all of that pain, and post-menopausal women should definitely be made aware of this growing side effect. We have the right to know ALL of the possible side effects of any medication we have to take, especially after going through the anguish of breast cancer!