Aromasin (exemestane)

etanner
etanner Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
hello all, has anyone heard about this new treatment medicine. it has been available in canada since Aug. 2000. It is supposed to be an alternative to taxmoxifen

Comments

• tlmac
    tlmac Member Posts: 272 Member
    Hi E, Yahoo health has had several interesting articles this last week on exemestane (aromasin) and early reports all indicate a significant benefit to switching from tamoxifen after the first 2 years or after a reoccurance while on tamoxifen. New drugs such as aromasin and femara have come on the scene just in the last 10 months since I chose to take arimidex instead of the current gold standard. Research I did convinced me it was the better choice even though my oncologist would have put me on tamoxifen if I'd let him.
  • billandpatty
    billandpatty Member Posts: 86
    WebMD just had an article about Aromasin and the promising results from a study in the latest newsletter emailed to me about breast cancer. You can ask to get newsletters that get emailed to you on a wide range of health topics. Another newsletter I receive periodically is from Imaginis. They are usually informative and keep you current about studies and findings that relate to breast cancer and women's health. They don't have a lot of detail, but enough information when you're busy, and getting on with your life, to help keep you informed.