Diet

carkelley
carkelley Member Posts: 6
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
You hear so much about diet, I don't know what to think. Can anyone lead me in a logical direction - before I focus on just blueberries and grape juice.

Comments

• mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Yes, it can be confusing and overwhelming. My personal experience from Stage 1C ovarian, total hysterectomy, omentum and lymph node removal - resistive training (weight traning of some sort) is extremely helpful to ward off hot flashes as it increases testosterone. I also take a good multiple, Vit C, E, Selenium, Calcium/Magnesium, FluorEssence Tea, Mushroom Extract, fiber, good sources of protein, low carbs, no sugar, no caffiene, lots of veges, certain fruits. This has all helped me to take off the chemo-weight, keep my CA125 level low, and just feel much better. You can research this more, but just be sure whatever you take is not a estrogen enhancer. There are some supplements and herbs that can be. Good luck and keep in touch!
    Monika
  • carkelley
    carkelley Member Posts: 6
    mopar said:

Yes, it can be confusing and overwhelming. My personal experience from Stage 1C ovarian, total hysterectomy, omentum and lymph node removal - resistive training (weight traning of some sort) is extremely helpful to ward off hot flashes as it increases testosterone. I also take a good multiple, Vit C, E, Selenium, Calcium/Magnesium, FluorEssence Tea, Mushroom Extract, fiber, good sources of protein, low carbs, no sugar, no caffiene, lots of veges, certain fruits. This has all helped me to take off the chemo-weight, keep my CA125 level low, and just feel much better. You can research this more, but just be sure whatever you take is not a estrogen enhancer. There are some supplements and herbs that can be. Good luck and keep in touch!
    Monika

Thank you for the info. I'll keep in touch.
  • healthy
    healthy Member Posts: 5
    mopar said:

Monika

You mentioned chemo weight. I lost 30 pounds from chemo, but when my treatment was over I gained it all back plus about 20lbs more. I have had a hard time trying to lose the weight. I exercise at Curves 4 times a week. Healthy