Kanga - Food Cravings

Options
Unknown
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hey Kanga and Jen:

"No-Type" AKA Bert is sitting next to me as I type away. Quite frankly, no he doesn't have any particular cravings...he's just hungry all the time. Before surgery, he weighed 86 kilos, (the scale was in kilograms) or about 189 pounds here at home. After surgery, he was down to 74 kilos...gained a few pounds, then got colon infection and dropped all the way down to 70 kilos. Weighed in last Thursday at 83 kilos so he's almost back to his weight before all this started...height is a tad over 6 feet. If you could call it a craving, he enjoys eating more fruit than he ever has before, but other than that, everything seems to taste good to him. Right Bert? Bert says yes (hehehe). He likes to eat and even in the past, whenever he has gotten sick (flu, minor surgery, cold, etc.), appetite was never affected. Not even throughout this whole fiasco has his appetite been a problem...only when the diarrhea was so severe that he got hospitalized.

We are both so grateful that all is well in that area. I am happy that you are going on a trip soon as well. Hope we've answered some of your questions.

Fondly,
Monika

Comments

• kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    TKS Monika---HULLO BERT!
    I did also take to fruit a lot more and also fresh veg n greens---maybe it is for the best and healthier than some of the "junk" I used to eat.As I am a "mr mum" at home now I have tried to concentrate on a bit healthier stuff and this is good b'cos Jen is now on a diet--so-guess it is a good thing for both of us.
    Hey Bert--try my regime--type with "one" finger mate!
    luv to yu both, kanga n Jen