painfull lump has developed

hi, I'm the same Julie that left the message about post menopausal this strange lump has appeared & its painfull & it seems solid & stuck (cannot move it around) its seems to be located on the lower portion of my pelvic bone (bikini front area)..what the hell could this be???


  • MoeKay
    MoeKay Member Posts: 454 Member
    Hi Julie,

    I read both of your posts. Because it does not appear from your posts that you have determined the cause of your abnormal vaginal bleeding, and given your family cancer history, I would suggest that you consult with a gynecologic oncologist. These are gynecologists with several years additional specialized training in diagnosing and treating women with gynecologic malignancies and premalignant conditions.

    If I were you, I would ask my gynecologist for a referral to a gynecologic oncologist, if you need a referral to see a specialist. You need to promptly determine the cause of the variety of symptoms you are experiencing before effective treatment can begin.

    Best of luck to you.

  • cveez
    cveez Member Posts: 1
    hi, julie. my mother (61 yrs) was dx with uterine cancer (4b), mets liver. she had a painful lump in the lower abdomen also. She had a full hysto 1 1/2 years ago, but she just found out that the path reports from that surgery were positive for adenocarcinoma (1a). her original ob/gyn failed to tell her. GO SEE A GYNECOLOGICAL ONCOLOGIST ASAP.
  • grannyfranny
    grannyfranny Member Posts: 42
    Julie, you don't happen to live near Baltimore, do you? Not that it matters where you live, but I have a good gynecological oncologist there. Never mind being recommended by doctors, this one is recommended by NURSES. ;)