penile injections

Billybumps
Billybumps Member Posts: 18
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
I have just started using caverject and have finally been able to get an erection 8 months post RP. The only problem is that the erection is painful. When I try to penetrate, it hurts. I have not been able to completely penetrate because of the pain. When I orgasm the pain becomes excruciating and it runs from my rectum to my testicles and then my penis. I have put a call into my urologist but he is on vacation and won't be back until next Monday. Has anybody else had the same experience? As an aside, while I was erect something that appeared to be semen oozed from my penis. It seemed like semen because it was a little sticky. Is this possible after a radical prostatectomy?

Comments

• mikebur
    mikebur Member Posts: 24
    I had RP 7/24/03 and have not been able to have an erection (my urologist wants to wait a little longer to see if it will come back on its own) but I have not had any injections. I do have pain in my penis after ejaculations. I would definitely check with your doctor. Not everyone can take the injections. Mike
  • mikebur
    mikebur Member Posts: 24
    I had RP 7/24/03 and have not been able to have an erection (my urologist wants to wait a little longer to see if it will come back on its own) but I have not had any injections. I do have pain in my penis after ejaculations. I would definitely check with your doctor. Not everyone can take the injections. Mike