should I insist upon biopsy?

Options
2»

Comments

• JulieC
    JulieC Member Posts: 37
    Options
    krisrey said:

This has been a very interesting post and I am amazed how many of us have the same story about being told to wait or it not showing up on the mammo. Someone here said you need to go with your gut and be your own advocate, that is sooo very true!!
    Now I also fought for an MRI, which is finally set up for May. I have "extremely" dense tissue breast and an MRI is the only way to "see" anything. The MRI was finally insisted upon by the Radilogist after doing my second biopsy last week. The biopsy was even difficult because of the extremely dense tissue. My surgeon tried to get me set up last year but I did not persue it at that time because I was to overwhelmed.

I hope these stories have helped you to make some decisions Julie, and I hope you will let us know how you are doing..
    Good luck and we are here for you.
    Kris

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU! wow, I'm very touched that so many women took the time to write their opinion on this....I'm so convinced now and with all of your information, I feel very justified in my concern. I don't know how long it will take to get this biopsy but I am definately calling the doc back to schedule appt. on my next day off on tuesday next week!! I'll keep you all posted & let you know how it all turns out. thanks again so much...it warms my heart to feel the love on this board!!!
    hugs to you all!, Julie
  • JulieC
    JulieC Member Posts: 37
    Options
    swmets said:

Definately!! My lump was discovered by my gyno - sent me for a mammo & then to a surgeon who said nothing to worry about & sent me home. 6 months later - stage 2 cancer! My breast had started to invert. Year after surgery to remove my breast - the judge declared that the surgeon should have done a needle biopsy the 1st day he saw me. PLEASE DON'T WAIT - INSIST OR GO TO ANOTHER DOCTOR. I was naive @ 39 in 1991. My cancer is back now in my bones.
    Good luck, swmets

I am going to insist or get another doc to do it. you know when I first posted here I didn't tell the whole story because this is a breast cancer board I didn't go into everything...but here is what happened when I went in for my annual exam: 1. doc felt breast lump
    2. did rectal exam & felt something "strange" & found blood in my stool on the fecal test.
    3. my bladder is prolapsed..falling..and I can't completely empty my bladder, so I always feel like I need to go.
    4. my uteris is enlarged & have not had a period for 2 years...until last month that is & then I woke up one morning bleeding & bled heavily for 5 days. this alarmed doc..she did biopsy but that came back negative for malignancy or dysplasia.
    so anyway...all this started w/a simple anual exam. I've always been very healthy so I'm not too worried...but as you can imagine I have lots of questions & concerns. thanks again! Julie