Good News!!!!!

Options
Unknown
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi all!

As my nimble fingers fly rapidly across the keyboard typing this post, I want to let you know that Bert is sitting right next to me, practically dictating everything that I am about to type (see Sponge...we are making progress).

Anyway, we just got back from USC and Bert is CLEAN!!!!!! No evidence of disease...nothing!!! I am overjoyed...and of course, it goes without saying that he is too. The largest nodule is 8mm and is located in the upper left lung lobe...no activity, calcified! The others are not registering any activity on the PET....way to tiny to determine anything....even on the CAT overlaying the PET. Nothing in the abdomen, nothing in the lymph nodes, nothing, nothing, nothing!!!!

When I got the news I sent my thanks to the heavens above and to all the people who have been praying for us and to Bert's dad and my dad who I know are putting in a few good words for Bert with "the man upstairs."

Bert's oncologist is still not satisfied, although he came right out and said that this is fabulous news. Good for him that he plays it rather "safe" than "sorry." Latest CEA results not yet back but doc still insists on doing CAT/PET combos on Bert on a short term basis...no longer than three months apart, just to keep an eye on things. In the meantime, Bert continues his regime of 5fu/leuc/oxal for at least another two months...again, a better safe than sorry procedure.

We will both be praying that things continue to work out well for us as well as each of you and I will light candles of hope for us all.

Now, if only things will work out well for my mom tomorrow. She's on the line next.

Hugs to all,
Monika & Bert

Comments

• 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!

Such wonderful news! So happy!

Hi Bert.

peace, emily the fraulein
  • andreae
    andreae Member Posts: 236
    Options
    Dear Monika and Bert,

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! I'm so very, very happy for you both! That is completely, totally fabulous and awesome news. I give you both giant bear hugs. You deserve it! I hope you are both out celebrating! Keep the good news coming, okay?! Lots of love,
    Andrea
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    What great news for both of you; take a deep breath, relax and enjoy....Valentine's day is coming up soon! Judy
  • gg2000
    gg2000 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Great News!! Stay tough and stay positive... that is half the battle!!
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Monika & no-type -

I'm doing the happy dance for ya! Great news. And it sounds like you have a rock-solid onc who is on your team. That's great news in and of itself!

BTW, I concur with your assessment that we're making headway with heir Bert. Next thing you know, he might actually touch the keyboard!

type on, Bert! type on.

- SB
  • pattieb
    pattieb Member Posts: 168
    Options
    Monika & Bert
    I am so happy to hear about the test results. Keep up the good work. I hope when I have my next ct I too can post good news such as yours.
    Hugs
    Pattie
  • StacyGleaso
    StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    BERT! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! What AWESOME news!

Looks like you two will be doing some heavy duty celebrating this weekend...VERY WELL DESERVED!

Keep up the good work!

Stacy