need help please

staceyincanada
staceyincanada Member Posts: 2
i am a 35 year old wife of a non hodgkins lymphoma patient .my husband is 39 and august 10 03 was daignosed with non hodgkins lymphoma .its in his bone marrow and just got 2 unraliated bone marrow donnors . but last sunday got really sick and ended up back in the hospital .he has had chop (did not work) then they tryed eshap again did not work it did some damage to his nerves in his right leg . so doing some radiation on his nerves ..and he also has some fluide on around his heart .now they are telling him there is nothing they can do cause his cancer is to aggresive and has cancelled his bone marrow transplant if any one has survived after this far can u please give me some addvice on what to do next!i will try anything to fight for my husband and the father of our 2 lovaly children girl 12 in 8 days and boy just turned 3 . please help ..stacey (sorry for my typing mistakes )

Comments

• JOHN39
    JOHN39 Member Posts: 9
    HELLO STACEY,
    SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR HUSBAND. I ALSO HAVE NHL AT AGE 39. I'M NOW IN REMISSION AT 41. I HAVE 3 SMALL CHILDREN 4,7,9. SO I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. DR SPITZER AT THE CANCER CTRS OF THE CAROLINAS HAS DONE WONDERS FOR ME. I TOOK 8 TREATMENTS OF CHOP AND 4 TREATMENTS OF RITUXAN. SPITZER SPECIALIZES IN NHL. YOUR HUSBAND MY BE A CANDIDATE FOR A STEM CELL TRANSPLANT. DR SPITZER'S ADDRESS AND PH #
    65 INTERNATIONAL DR,
    GREENVILLE,SC 29615 / 864-987-7000 0R 269-4508
    GOOD LUCK / GOD BLESS
  • tkhern
    tkhern Member Posts: 2
    Stacy, I'm sorry to hear about your husband. I was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma when I was 32 - I was in advanced stage 4 and given only six weeks to live. Nine years later, I am still alive and doing great. I was too ill to even be considered for bone marrow or any other type of treatment. My doctors looked world wide to find treatments for me - and I would not be alive today had they not been there for me. If you would like to talk to these wonderful people, you can reach them at:

Salt Lake Oncology (former name, not sure of current name)
    801-269-0231
    3838 So. 700 East
    Salt Lake City, UT 84107

I was treated by the two founders - Dr. Greg Litton and Dr. Kent DiFiore - I strongly suggest you try and speak with either of these gentlemen.

I wish you all the best. Please feel free to write to me any time. I know this disease is beatable - I have done it, against all odds.
  • Lifeisgood
    Lifeisgood Member Posts: 2
    Stacey, I am a single mother with 2 kids. I was diagnosed 3 months after a divorce at age 35. I went through CHOP, radiation and an autologous stem cell transplant at the Indiana University Cancer Center. That was all 9 years ago. I have been cancer free since then. Dr. Abonour is the director of the transplant unit there. He was my doctor and is just wonderful. You can reach him at 317-274-3589. His new nurse is Gina. She is very nice.
    Please keep trying. There are more answers every day!!
    Denise
  • staceyincanada
    staceyincanada Member Posts: 2
    thank you so much for the 3 of you. your are really truly my 3 angels thank you for the help .stacey.
  • stu6122
    stu6122 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, My name is Joey and I was diagnosed with Burkitt's Lymphoma when I was 8 years old. I am now 26 years old. I recommend keeping the faith no matter what. That is all you can do in essence, put your faith in God
  • JackFTL
    JackFTL Member Posts: 3
    I had stage IVb NHL in my bone marrow in 1994, and it's in remission. I was treated at the National Cancer Institute at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, MD. They do some of the best work around with lymphoma. It's all clinical trials, but it's some of the best medical care money can't buy. Everything, including travel, treatment, etc., is paid for by the government, and is not limited to US citizens. Consider asking your husband's doctor about it. Good luck.