Test Done Today

Options
Unknown
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi Folks! I've been sooooo busy, deliberately keeping my self that way. I've read through some of the posts and plugged my two-cents in. Lots of pretty good news on the board lately and I'm grateful to hear it.

Well, today Bert had his combo PET/CAT scan to determine what these multiple lung nodules are...are they all calcifications, long ago smoking damage remnants from his young, reckless, carefree Navy days (LOL Sponge), or are they the dreaded recurrence of his 7/03 stage III colon cancer diagnosis. We see onc on Thursday for complete results.

In the interim, I'm thinking of you too Emily...remember, February 5....SHOW TIME!!!!

Hugs,
Monika

Comments

• andreae
    andreae Member Posts: 236
    Options
    Hi Monika and Bert,

You guys have been in my thoughts. I'm glad the test has been done and that you have set up an appointment to discuss results. My fingers are crossed and they'll be some double duty praying going on! The next couple of days might be stressful (at least they would be for me) but try and keep your routine and do something fun. The routine will keep you both distracted and immersed in normality and something fun... Well, we should all do fun things more often! Back when I was waiting for my operation, I sort of refused to do anything because I was so focused on the date of the operation. However, a dear friend told me that if I put my life on hold until the operation, I'll lose a lot of days that I'll never get back! I thought that he had a good point, so I now refuse to put anything on hold until "such and such a date" or "until a certain test",ect. Anyways, I send you both big hugs and keep us posted, okay?

Lots of love,
    Andrea
  • andreae said:

Hi Monika and Bert,

You guys have been in my thoughts. I'm glad the test has been done and that you have set up an appointment to discuss results. My fingers are crossed and they'll be some double duty praying going on! The next couple of days might be stressful (at least they would be for me) but try and keep your routine and do something fun. The routine will keep you both distracted and immersed in normality and something fun... Well, we should all do fun things more often! Back when I was waiting for my operation, I sort of refused to do anything because I was so focused on the date of the operation. However, a dear friend told me that if I put my life on hold until the operation, I'll lose a lot of days that I'll never get back! I thought that he had a good point, so I now refuse to put anything on hold until "such and such a date" or "until a certain test",ect. Anyways, I send you both big hugs and keep us posted, okay?

Lots of love,
    Andrea

Hi Andreae:

Thank you sweetheart for your extra prayers and good wishes. I sure can use them and of course, reciprocate them.

Hugs,
    Monika (your fellow Canadian in sunny, warm, So-Cal....hehehe)
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Ahoy Monika and No-type (er... Bert!) -

Keeping my fingers crossed that those flecks are just flakes! Keep us posted!!

- Carefree SpongeBob
  • spongebob said:

Ahoy Monika and No-type (er... Bert!) -

Keeping my fingers crossed that those flecks are just flakes! Keep us posted!!

- Carefree SpongeBob

Ahoy Sponge!

You are so right...no typer "er" Bert! He's still navigating via pecking on the Web and he's soooooo nosy...always has me tell him what's going on with the group. BTW, Bert does say "Hello" and wishes everyone all the best. To quote him "tell them I'm going to be just fine and all of them will be too." (Polly want a cracker...caw caw caw). Ohhhhhh, that man is so frustrating.

Hugs from us both,
    Monika & No Typer Bert!!!
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    unknown said:

Ahoy Sponge!

You are so right...no typer "er" Bert! He's still navigating via pecking on the Web and he's soooooo nosy...always has me tell him what's going on with the group. BTW, Bert does say "Hello" and wishes everyone all the best. To quote him "tell them I'm going to be just fine and all of them will be too." (Polly want a cracker...caw caw caw). Ohhhhhh, that man is so frustrating.

Hugs from us both,
    Monika & No Typer Bert!!!

Yep...thursday we will both know.

I forgot to write this in my hot weekend/cold north post but I think of you all on here when I am out doing things like x-country skiing and such. I pray for everyone while I'm in the shower or falling asleep at night. I think about silly posts from folks while I take my afternoon walk (or now my sledding with the dogs). Isn't it funny how we just step into eachother's lives and become a part of it?

Bert better get his buns in here someday before we baste his bum. (there's a canadian word for you...at least one used by my canadian in-laws) :-)

prayers thoughts hugs

peace, emily who is thriving in this snowfall! WooHoo!
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Hi Monica and Bert,
    Just wanted to add my "hang in there", thinking of you both and sending many calm and positive thoughts your way.
    When I was going in for my surgery, a friend gave me a small glass stone with the word "healing" inscribed on it. I often slip it it my pocket and use it like a big worry bead. It feels very good and reminds me to stay the course (ahoy, SB). I'll be holding on to it for you (and all of us); let us know what you hear. Judy
  • StacyGleaso
    StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update Monika! Tell Bert when we plan the reunion for all of us in Vegas, he can tell us in person about his typing shortcomings, and again we will offer support!

Best wishes to both of you (and mom too!)

Stacy
  • jsabol said:

Hi Monica and Bert,
    Just wanted to add my "hang in there", thinking of you both and sending many calm and positive thoughts your way.
    When I was going in for my surgery, a friend gave me a small glass stone with the word "healing" inscribed on it. I often slip it it my pocket and use it like a big worry bead. It feels very good and reminds me to stay the course (ahoy, SB). I'll be holding on to it for you (and all of us); let us know what you hear. Judy

Thanks Judy!

Hugs,
    Monika
  • Thanks for the update Monika! Tell Bert when we plan the reunion for all of us in Vegas, he can tell us in person about his typing shortcomings, and again we will offer support!

Best wishes to both of you (and mom too!)

Stacy

Stacy, thank you so much. I go with mom on Friday for her "second opinion" and possible continuance of treatment at a major cancer center. I feel good about that decision and confident that she will be in good "human" hands. I know already that she is in the best HANDS....we all are.

Hugs,
    Monika