Large Diffuse b-cell & over 60

rocky5
rocky5 Member Posts: 16
Does anyone know of patients over 60, who have CHOP-R and radiation....and have been in remission for more than 2 years? Is this a bleak hope....or are there survivors out there? Thanks for any replies!

Comments

• andrea55
    andrea55 Member Posts: 3
    I'm 55 and was diagnosed with an inoperable grapefruit-sized tumor like yours on the back of my pelvis in August 2002. I had 6 cycles of CHOP-R, an auto stem cell transplant and 23 radiation treatments. The tumor was gone after the CHOP, as confirmed by a PET scan. The transplant and radiation was done anyway, "just because." I've been in remission since December 2002, had the transplant in March 2003, and finished my last radiation treatment in July 2003. The experience was awful. I had two really scary complications. I was hospitalized for a total of 2 months. And I was really sick for a whole year. But I'm doing REALLY well now. It wasn't easy. It wasn't fun. I didn't learn about this website until yesterday. I wish I had known about it when I was in treatment. But I'm here to help you, if I can.