TAXOL

Options
zzxxyt
zzxxyt Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am scheduled to start TAXOL on Feb.5th. It sounds very harsh. Any advice?

Comments

• npdlr
    npdlr Member Posts: 3
    Options
    I just posted a reply re: Taxol to "stella mary from 1/29 re: neuropathy". It will help to answer your question too. Good luck!
  • TylersMom1
    TylersMom1 Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Hi,
    I had 4 rounds of taxol after I had had 4 rounds of AC. The taxol was much easier to tolerate and live with because the AC had made me very sick to my stomach. The taxol gave me bone pain that would last 4 to 5 days after treatment. I would take the bone pain any day over nausea. Good luck and God bless...Cheryl
  • frog08
    frog08 Member Posts: 26
    Options

Hi,
    I had 4 rounds of taxol after I had had 4 rounds of AC. The taxol was much easier to tolerate and live with because the AC had made me very sick to my stomach. The taxol gave me bone pain that would last 4 to 5 days after treatment. I would take the bone pain any day over nausea. Good luck and God bless...Cheryl

True the A/C does make you sick, but the Taxol really made me ache. I had to take steroids for about four days after receiving Taxol to tolerate it. However, another lady that was taking Taxol at the same time had no symptoms at all. I got very tired with the Taxol, and had to start taking Procrit for my blood. Hope you do well and have no side effects. Linda
  • jeancmici
    jeancmici Member Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Be sure to have stronger pain meds available than regular tylenol - something like Lortabs or Darvocet - I used both ( not at the same time!!)but most people on this forum when I was getting taxol seemed to prefer Lortabs.

Other than the bone pain it shouldn't be too bad - not as bad as anticipated for sure.

Good Luck, Jean